What graphics settings do you usually use?

What graphics settings do you usually use?

• Low/minimum on almost everything, or else my game would run in real time, my computer's so slow.

Votes: 7 13.5%
  • Low/minimum on almost everything, I don't play Civ for graphics.

Votes: 4 7.7%
  • Medium'ish, I mean, I don't want to pretend I'm playing on an Atari 2600 or something.

Votes: 13 25.0%
  • Max graphical goodness, my computer can handle it and I like the atmosphere it creates.

Votes: 28 53.8%

• Total voters
Like I said before, I used to use the maximum setting until the patch came out and made the maximum setting fail... i now don't use the maximum setting but it seems like if I used the maximum setting still. Patches often make good changes.

I have two 770 4GB cards. First I went to a 4k monitor with the single 770 card. For the desktop (win7) and civ it was no problem civ runs maxed out and the card runs quite cool. I put in the second card for more demanding things and wow civ5 starts running really really hot, I was surprised. Fortunately Nvidia lets you turn of dual cards for things like Civ5 that don't need it and it was back to normal coolness...I have an old very large dual xeon case so two huge cards in of them selves don't block air cooling, it's something about having both cards on and working that magnifies heat way more than the double heat I was expecting.

Now I'm running 4kat60hz using display port and I hadn't thought about limiting it down to say 30 for things that don't need it but really my 770 card when alone is very cool running (way cooler than my old 550 card ever did). I've never burned out a graphics card yet and I started using them when they first came out, but they always become obsolete before they burn out (and I tend to build my computers to last many years, the recent upgrade to 4k was due to an unexpected windfall).

But 144 fps @ 144 Hz plus Gsync is pure glorious. 30-60 FPS is ewww now.

Top Bottom