Current Status + Future Updates

Right now I am using Text Edit (it comes on the mac) and I am pretty sure Notepad++ is only for the PC.

The mac comes with this awesome art program that can make like over 50 art file types. It's called "Graphic (Something)".

From what I heard we need a lot of XML so I would probably do that. If you want to you could do both.

Thanks remake20. Yeah, we are all trying to get the XML done before art. That needs to be done before we can really start testing, while art can be easily added at any time.

Buttons take no time at all, we don't have to worry about them. The extra 3d art we will all start focusing on once the XML is done and we are in BETA testing. :D

Hey DVS, now that were done with research, is there anything that I could do? Preferably nothing related to programming or XML, though I can try and learn (looks kinda tough though). My point is is there anything I can do to help but that won't require me to learn something that will end up taking weeks for me to get the gist of?

Programming would take a long time to learn. Trust me, I'm starting down that road myself right now. 3d art is also something that takes a lot of time to perfect and requires learning new software.

XML is not as difficult as it may sound, there is not much to learn. It is basically editing text files. Our friend sandman730 is close to being an expert already, he has already added the Merkava to our mod successfully! I'll say that he is a faster learner than I am, it took me a couple days before I really got the hang of it. Joecoolyo I know you could get the hang of it quickly as well, and hopefully you'd enjoy doing it.

This is the area myself, NikNaks, Sheep21, Firestorm94, Bahmo, and now sandman730 are all focusing on at the moment, because it is what stands in our way right now. There really isn't much else left to do, aside from the map. We have to get all the XML finished before we can move forward, and we want to start testing as soon as possible. Art can always be added later, if would be nice if we could all combine on that after we get the XML complete. But we have enough art to have a good, playable mod already.

If you want to give this a try, maybe talk to sandman730 and see what he has to say. You can contact me on yahoo IM, or here via PM, if you'd like me to help you get started. sandman is starting on the unique units, maybe you'd like to try to get a couple of your unique buildings added. :D

Programming would take a long time to learn. Trust me, I'm starting down that road myself right now. 3d art is also something that takes a lot of time to perfect and requires learning new software.

XML is not as difficult as it may sound, there is not much to learn. It is basically editing text files. Our friend sandman730 is close to being an expert already, he has already added the Merkava to our mod successfully! I'll say that he is a faster learner than I am, it took me a couple days before I really got the hang of it. Joecoolyo I know you could get the hang of it quickly as well, and hopefully you'd enjoy doing it.

This is the area myself, NikNaks, Sheep21, Firestorm94, Bahmo, and now sandman730 are all focusing on at the moment, because it is what stands in our way right now. There really isn't much else left to do, aside from the map. We have to get all the XML finished before we can move forward, and we want to start testing as soon as possible. Art can always be added later, if would be nice if we could all combine on that after we get the XML complete. But we have enough art to have a good, playable mod already.

If you want to give this a try, maybe talk to sandman730 and see what he has to say. You can contact me on yahoo IM, or here via PM, if you'd like me to help you get started. sandman is starting on the unique units, maybe you'd like to try to get a couple of your unique buildings added. :D

Sandman is a really fast learner, no surprise there :D. Here, I'll just talk to him in school on monday and see what he has to say on the XML subject, then I'll probably give it a try (it'll give me something to do on those homework less days :) ).

Civics done! See own thread for details!

Hi guys. I just found this thread, and I'm pretty excited about what you guys are doing!!

I'd love to offer my time to the project, but if it's true about you guys having completed your research, there's probably not much else I can offer except for playtesting (I assisted Ripple01 with CivFusion for a little while).

Anyway, if tehre's any other way I can help, please let me know... unfortunately, my XML skills are rudimentary (at BEST), so research and IRL military experience is probably all I can offer to the project.

Look forward to the Download anyway. :D

Glad you like the looks of it.

Welcome aboard Anton, everyone welcome Anton our newest member :D

Do you know any SVN? Im sure DVS could always use more people helping him with that.

you mean XML! SVN is just the way we share files. :D

oh shush! ;)

some of us arent computer literate like you :p

Welcome aboard Uncle Anton :beer:

just so you chaps know, I'm gonna be away from wednesday to saterday.

@sheep21- what did you think of those 3d models I PM'd you?

Thanks for the welcome guys... :)

I've started poking around to complete the list, I'll let Sheep know what I find... :)

Bear in mind my net access is a bit scratchy for now... I'm actually on holiday in Kuala Lumpur. Will be considerably more "constant" when I'm home in "Oz". :)

Oh, one more thing... for now I'm going to limit my researching efforts to IFV/APCs ONLY... so I'm excluding IMVs, IIMVs or any other Infantry vehicles, be they A-VEHs (Armoured - eg the Bushmaster IMV/PMV) or B-VEHs (Typically Unarmoured - Landrover IIMV, HMMWV). Please let me know if we need to expand to include IMVs, although we may be opening a tin of worms with that one ;) :)

Will also be more than happy to help playtest and bug-hunt when the time comes. :)

Top Bottom