United Middle Eastern Republic?

Bahmo

King
In light of America preparing to pull out of Iraq, and announcing to pull out of Afghanistan (even after going in deep) it might be time to think of what that means for our mod. If Iraq is fully vacated before we release, we should reinsert it as its own country, but if not, I figured we could add a derivative Civ to the United States, to take over Iraq and Afghanistan when they are granted independence. Naturally, there are some problems, such as ensuring America doesn't create that Civ somewhere other than the Middle East, but what do people think of the idea?

I think you should skip the United and make it a plural. Also, in light of the fact that it's now 2010, somebody should be changing the name of the mod...

I'm referring to my statement in the Current Status thread.

And I advise against trying to predict the future with this mod. We build the world as it is in 2009, as exactly as possible and then leave the future up to the player.

Now I get what your saying ia. I wouldn't mind playing a 2009 mod. 2009 and 2010 are almost the same (not really any major differences). Unless there is something like WWIII, but we can predict that. As far as the purpose of the thread goes. The terrorist are in Afghanistan, and so are we, but Afghanistan is still it's own country, so how do we do that? Do we just put terrorists in cities (this may have been decided)? It sounds kind of the way you were talking about it is that the US is at war with Afghanistan which they aren't. And should the US own Iraq, I don't think so, but maybe have Iraq as a vassal or ally for __ # of turns. Of course you would have troops there, but I don't think the US should have Iraq as their own.

There is no point in discussing issues like these anymore at the current stage of our work. The map and the civs are finished and there will be no changes on that for the first release. As far as I know Iraq is US territory and Afghanistan is failed state, correct me if I'm wrong, Matty. But the point is that the decisions on this are made.

I would say, the bottom line...

The country list is already done & the map is created & finished. So...all of this is a moot point, anyway. Once the diplomacy infos are done, I believe...the map is ready to go.

Top Bottom