Ingame Editor

Wow, dude! :thumbsup:

This mod is just awesome! I think I'm in love. :love: :p

The river layout system is quite tricky. I'm still trying to figure it out. :lol:

As for bugs: none to report that already haven't been.

Anyway, awesome work, looking forward to the next update and what it brings with it. :D

Oh right, theres a bug where Quarries and Villages (VEM version of TPs) show up on the Owner list slightly offcenter.

Hi Don,

Great little mod!

However I seem to notice that this doesn't work with R.E.D...

Love the mod! Unfortunately I've found a few incompatible mods.

* R.E.D Modpack (v 11)
- Seems to make the IGE interface screw up, rendering it useless.
* Echoes of Ages - CiVilization Plus (v 42)
- EoA + IGE corrupts savegames and crashes Civ if you try to load one. I can't really say which of the mods are at fault however. :/

I've tested IGE with a single other mod at a time to get these results.

EDIT: Guess it was EoA. :)
Version 43: Released

Fixes a massive bug causing crashes on reload of the game.

Download asap or you won't be able to reload a game from a save.

Use ingame downloader or download from www.cyrinno.com

You will probably have to start a new game, this fix probably won't work with existing games.

I have problems reproducing the bugs listed so far.
* The units panel work fine with R.E.D. The only problem I encountered was caused by spanish units since I don't have the DLC. Once I fixed it, everything works as intended.
* I have absolutely no problems with quarries or villages.
* The plot highlighting bug was caused by a version conflict.

So, to everyone reporting those bugs, please manually delete all versions of the addon (My Documents/My Games/Civ5/Mods) and reinstall only the latest one. If you still encounter the bug, please use Firetuner to detect any error message you could communicate me. A screenshot could also really help, along with your mods list (or tests without any other mod enabled on a fresh new game). Finally, if the problem disappeared once you cleaned things up, please report it too!

Finally, if anyone has a clue about what causes those version conflicts and how to prevent them, I would really appreciate because it doesn't make sense to me (how can v3 conflicts with v4 when only v4 is loaded ?!). :)

PS: Barbarian civilization works, thanks again Gedemon!

I'm having problems with the mod also. I can bring it up but all I get are blank panels with an example hex for the river tile on the panel farthest to the left.

It won't let me save a screenshot for some reason but here is a saved game.

MXX

Attachments

• A War Song.Civ5Save
    1.9 MB · Views: 257
Hello Mindxxx

This kind of behavior means an error occured in the initialization process. For example, it may be because of an addon using content from a DLC you don't have: the addon still manages to load fine but IGE fails when scanning the additional units. This typically occurs with RED and I am in the process to make IGE tolerant against that.

However, to clearly spot the cause of the bug, the savegame won't help. What I need is the lua.log (my documents/my games/civ5/logs). Check whether yours is empty or not. If it's not, fine. :)
* If it is empty, you will need Firetuner. Open it, run civ5 and start/load a game, try to open IGE, then alt+tab to Firetuner. At the bottom of the console there will be an error, this is what I need (line number and what happened).
* A list of addons may also help if the error itself doesn't speak much.

Thanks for the reply. I checked my logs and found this (LUA Log). Hopefully this is what you need and I hope it helps you perfect this AWESOME Mod.

MXX

Rats!!

Actually never mind. When I opened the file up all I got was this...

[266930.611] Initializing Lua 5.1.4

MXX

Rats!!

Actually never mind. When I opened the file up all I got was this...

[266930.611] Initializing Lua 5.1.4

MXX

I have the same problem and the log is:

[8023.069] Initializing Lua 5.1.4

DonQuiche, I really enjoy your work. Thank you.

Hurrah ! I found how to enable the logs. I always thought they were only disabled on my computer because I use Firetuner. Seems like they actually have to be explicity turned on.

So...
* Close civilization V.
* Open config.ini with the notepad (My Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5) Search for the line "LoggingEnabled = 0" and replace it with "LoggingEnabled = 0".
* Save and close
* Start civilization V.
* Start a new game with IGE enabled and try to open IGE.
* Close civilization V (may not be necessary, not sure, check for an error line at the bottom of the log)
* Post lua.log

Remember you can also use Firetuner instead if you want. Anyway, my apologies for the waste of time, I didn't know about the exact behavior of logs.

Here we are. I hope this will help.

Attachments

• Lua1.txt
    17.3 KB · Views: 143
Yes it does, thank you. :)

Seems like you do have a mod that adds an improvement for an unknown resource. It may be because of a missing DLC (did any resource was added in a DLC ?), or because of an error from this mod's author.

Anyway, I patched v5 to make it tolerant against that. Here is also the file for v4 if you want to patch your version right now. Just replace the original IGE_Data.lua (in My Documents/My Games/Civ5/MODS/Ingame Editor (v4)) with this the one in the archive.

Attachments

• IGE_Data.zip
    6.1 KB · Views: 165
Thank you. I have changed the file but still couldn't use your mode though.
I have made tests untill I found that Government Buildings (v.3) was incompatible with your mode.

Top Bottom