Ingame Editor

Nearly a perfect mod - Only problem is now the fog of war - After going into your panel and then exit - Every thing apart from what you own now has the fog of war - All your previous exploration gone.

Please revert to v4 for how you handle fog of war, as said earlier if you want to see somewhere, just plonk an explorer down on the map

NN

Also I kinda prefer the icon you used in v4 to loaf the panel instead of the menu. I guess I prefer the minimalist look.

NN

@nn125
Hello. :)

First of all what you observed should not happen : when I close IGE my fog is correctly restored. This bug may have been caused by a mod. Please look at the second post on this thread to see how to enable the lua logging and provide me a log where you open IGE and close it and your fog is not correctly restored. You can also try to disable other mods one at a time.

Second of all, there is a misunderstanding here. You can already disable the "reveal map" feature once and for all by clicking on the corresponding button. This setting will be persisted on your computer: the next time you will open IGE in another game, the map won't be revealed.

Third of all, I will set this setting to "false" by default in future versions but, since you already used IGE, it is now set to "true" and it will stay like that in future versions until you click this damn icon. ;)

Let me state it clearly for everyone...
If you want to get rid of the reveal map feature once and for all please click this icon:

Edit: Slightly changed the big warning to make it less aggressive, sorry if it has been perceived that way.

NO NEED TO SHOUT!!!!

I think you have done an absolutely fantastic job (Should of being part of the game). I would never have the time or where for all to do it as I only play the game now and then.

The problem still stands the mod messed up the fog of war - IGE is the only mod I have loaded. Its OK, I know its my own risk, and I really think this is the only must have mod currently in circulation and I hope you have the time and desire to finish it fully.

NN

I used big letters because I wanted to be sure that everyone would read it, not just you. :)

Now, I am surprised to learn that no other mod was involved but there are other possible explanations like race conditions (some updates are not notified and only occur 2 frames after their triggers on my computer so I had to base my code on that but it may be more frames on other ones - Firaxis made the fog really tricky to handle). Unfortunately, as I said, the fog of war is properly restored on my computer so I need a lua log to understand what happens on yours that prevent the fog to be restored. This may be the only thing I have to offer but I would be grateful if you could provide it to me.

Now, be ensured that I want to finish IGE, thanks for your cheers. :)

Gave it a try finally with "v. 8" ingame editor this evening. Began editing map. Saved game, reloaded to refresh terrain changes. Then edited map again, this time to add the remaining Natural Wonders on the map so that there were more than 7. Saved game, and reloaded, game crashes upon reload. Below are the errors upon checking the LUA log. Just making an educated guess, but I would bet the game cannot handle running a map with more than 7 natural wonders. Thoughts? Map type was a large map, tectonics mod, 9 players and 20 City States. There are other mods involved, but since the crash did not occur until I added natural wonders above and beyond the 7 the game normally incorporates.

[101622.810] Syntax Error: [string "Assets/Maps/Breaking Up.Civ5Map"]:1: unexpected symbol near 'Š'
[101622.810] Runtime Error: Error loading Assets/Maps/Breaking Up.Civ5Map.

I suppose it could also be more related to map generation, all map scripts have the built in command line for placing natural wonders, but finding what is responsible for that and altering it is beyond my ability at this point. LOL

Great mod, btw! Always a blast breaking mods! :p

Hello and thank you very much for this detailled report, WrathRaptor. :)

The seven natural wonders limit seems like a good hypothesis, I will have to test it myself. If it's confirmed, I will prohibit the user to add more natural wonders for his own sake.

Thanks again for this critical bug. Even if IGE is not the culprit, I absolutely do not want it to allow savegame corruption! I will soon release yet another "bugfixes, no new feature" release.

Hello and thank you very much for this detailled report, WrathRaptor. :)

The seven natural wonders limit seems like a good hypothesis, I will have to test it myself. If it's confirmed, I will prohibit the user to add more natural wonders for his own sake.

Thanks again for this critical bug. Even if IGE is not the culprit, I absolutely do not want it to allow savegame corruption! I will soon release yet another "bugfixes, no new feature" release.

Just an FYI I do know that there are certain restrictions per wonder for terrain type. For example, rock of Gibraltar can go just about anywhere, but Krakatoa requires a coast/ocean tile with no adjacent land-type tiles.

These could easily be your crash cause...

The editor won't open when dummy techs (no era, no prereqs, etc) are present. These are useful to give certain abilities that can't be done other ways (like bridge building from the start).

The button to load it also overlaps with the Luxury Resource Display mod. Both remain usable. (LRD shows an info panel when you hover over it that lists every luxury resource, with the number that you have)

@CivOasis
Do not worry, I will do tests before I change anything anyway.

@Jaxad0127
Could you name a mod that add such techs please ? I thought all techs had an era so I am not surprised they cause errors during the intialization. I am not sure what I will do with them, though (if a unit has such a tech as its prereq, I cannot categorize the unit in any era so I may have to add a special group).

Regarding the location of the IGE button... Unfortunately, the civ 5 developers did left us without any proper solution. I could move the IGE label to the left but it may be troublesome for users with a low screen resolution and it can also interfere with other mods. I could use modularized diplo corner but I don't like this solution much and this, too, can interfere with other mods.

@ CivOasis:
Are you certain of that? I tried just adding one beyond the seven, and still experienced the same crash

@ bwoww78:
Yeah, I'm aware of tile restrictions on natural wonder placement. I specifically placed the extra NWs only in locations sutiable to their placement, without further altering surrounding tiles.

Also, I noticed something else last night while I was playing. I had customized some specific coastal city locations. One specifically, I altered a plains tile to a coastal tile, so that the city would have coastal access. The interesting thing that occurred was that the city is capable of building naval units, but the Great Lighthouse did not populate in the build menu when it became available. I'm not sure yet if this extends to city improvements requiring coastal access (i.e. lighthouses, harbors, etc.). However, I suspect that this has something to do with the fact that altering terrain type requires reloading the game to show the change, and that change is not reflected in the original state of the tile a city is built on. I'll be checking to see if this is the case with the Machu Picchu wonder and mountain tiles.

The editor won't open when dummy techs (no era, no prereqs, etc) are present. These are useful to give certain abilities that can't be done other ways (like bridge building from the start).

The button to load it also overlaps with the Luxury Resource Display mod. Both remain usable. (LRD shows an info panel when you hover over it that lists every luxury resource, with the number that you have)

I'm using CCMAT II in conjunction with Ingame Editor and the incorporated LRD mod in CCMAT displays correctly with the IGE button. I'm not experiencing any overlap.

Also, I noticed something else last night while I was playing. I had customized some specific coastal city locations. One specifically, I altered a plains tile to a coastal tile, so that the city would have coastal access. The interesting thing that occurred was that the city is capable of building naval units, but the Great Lighthouse did not populate in the build menu when it became available. I'm not sure yet if this extends to city improvements requiring coastal access (i.e. lighthouses, harbors, etc.). However, I suspect that this has something to do with the fact that altering terrain type requires reloading the game to show the change, and that change is not reflected in the original state of the tile a city is built on. I'll be checking to see if this is the case with the Machu Picchu wonder and mountain tiles.

I've had no problems with that. Might be reload, though.

I'm using CCMAT II in conjunction with Ingame Editor and the incorporated LRD mod in CCMAT displays correctly with the IGE button. I'm not experiencing any overlap.

Might be screen width. Mine is 1440px.

@DonQuiche:
It's a personal mod.

@Jaxad0127
I guess it's actually related to your languages rather than your screen widthes since "year 100 BC | help | menu" consumes more or less space once translated while the IGE label position is constant.

Regarding the "techs without era" problem, if your mod is private, nevermind, I will skip tests and hope my changes just work. Right now I will just put them in the first era group. If you want to bother to send me a copy I will test it but I guess everything will be fine anyway.

Bug Report: Doesn't support mods that add new eras to the game (Known issue with Spatz's Alpha Centauri).

Hello and thank you for the bug report but, no, it's not the problem, IGE supports new eras, removed eras, etc. :)

I will download this mod though and see by myself what's wrong with it.

Using v8, when I place a unit, a worker unit will be create in the same tile as well. Anyone seeing this?

Top Bottom