Welcome to the Diplomacy II Sub-Forum!

LOL. True.

Everything is downloaded, finally got out of the terrible snow-storm we had here in the north-eastern United States. Hoping to get to work soon. I'll keep you updated as soon as I start. I just have to get acclimated to where I was and shake off some rust.

Holy crap, life?

This... might be my first post on Civfanatics in a couple of years. Haven't booted up Civ4 in a good while. Still, hopeful.

Civ 4 is honestly the game I've played the most in the franchise. I dislike Civ V, even after BNW, am not a huge fan of BE, even with the expansion. In 2016, my favorite Civ game is still Civ 4, followed by 3, then BE, then 5. I haven't played enough of 2 to rank it, and haven't played Civ 1. Civ Rev is probably the lowest on my list.

Once this mod is ready, I know I'll be playing a whole lot of Civ 4 again, though! I've mostly been playing Skyrim, Tropico 4, and BE to start the year

I downloaded this but the playtest #5 zip file is corrupt it says. :(

Tested it, dl works
Should be 702.062.766 bytes when it's completely downloaded

I wonder if Capo will ever return.
IIRC he said he dowloaded all those files, and promised to finish some of his LH projects finally.
Árpád for example still has his preplaced throne in RFCE ;)

I wonder if Capo will ever return.
IIRC he said he dowloaded all those files, and promised to finish some of his LH projects finally.
Árpád for example still has his preplaced throne in RFCE ;)

Civ IV is still my favorite game of the series.

I lost my old mod files with my new laptop so now I am trying to recreate my own personal mod, but it doesn't help that all the dowload links for this game are broken.

I never got to play Diplomacy but looking through it, it looks really nice. I think TheCapo should have released beta versions and then work to improve it to perfection :p

Well, the most developed mods are all available.
Not sure what dl links are you talking about, but I'm certain that everything can be found in some of the bigger mods.

Well, the most developed mods are all available.
Not sure what dl links are you talking about, but I'm certain that everything can be found in some of the bigger mods.

I mean in the CivFanatics Downloads database. Seems as if you have to chase the download mirrors in the threads for modpacks.

The modpacks seem alright, but I've found that a lot of the smaller graphic mods (units, some leaderheads and such) and new civilizations are unfortunately down.

I mean in the CivFanatics Downloads database. Seems as if you have to chase the download mirrors in the threads for modpacks.

The modpacks seem alright, but I've found that a lot of the smaller graphic mods (units, some leaderheads and such) and new civilizations are unfortunately down.

Yeah, that might be true.
But modpacks have an updated version for most of those LHs, civilizations, units, and almost all minor modcomps.
I always look at the biggest mods first for all smaller things too, single dl for those are kinda outdated anyway.

Having said that, surely there are some things which were not incorporated anywhere, or where incorporated in a slightly different way than the original concept/art/whatever.
Those are unfortunately unavailable I'm afraid. Hopefully some friendly user reuploads them for you, post in the respective threads.

Looks like all the other threads in the sub-forum vanished. Maybe deleted because of age/lack of activity?

No, everything is still there.
For some reason the show up options are set for 1 year, just switch that to show from the beginning.

No, everything is still there.
For some reason the show up options are set for 1 year, just switch that to show from the beginning.

Ah, good, worried me for a moment. ...I need to give Civ4 another go, I'm not sure I still have Diplomacy 2's beta even saved anymore though. That was a few machines go. Can only imagine what all changes have occurred amongst the modding community. ...also I probably suck at 4 now after all this time playing 5.

Ah, good, worried me for a moment. ...I need to give Civ4 another go, I'm not sure I still have Diplomacy 2's beta even saved anymore though. That was a few machines go. Can only imagine what all changes have occurred amongst the modding community. ...also I probably suck at 4 now after all this time playing 5.

You can dl the beta (5th playtest + 1st civ pack), there is a link a couple posts above.
Also I would advise you to try Xyth's mod, History Rewritten.
AFAIK many things in it were made in a similar mindset as Capo planned his Diplomacy II.

You can dl the beta (5th playtest + 1st civ pack), there is a link a couple posts above.
Also I would advise you to try Xyth's mod, History Rewritten.
AFAIK many things in it were made in a similar mindset as Capo planned his Diplomacy II.

Will give it a go~, thanks for the recommendation. Got pulled back into Civ4 this month, got back together with someone I was dating way back when I first started modding it, and they had some of my old junk files, so I felt the need to come back to the forums and check on everything.

So. I know its been years, but I have still been tweaking this thing awaiting a triumphant return to modding/CFC. Well, due to a ridiculous series of events that I don't really feel like getting into I lost EVERYTHING for this mod. I implore anybody who may have a test version of this mod to please send it to me. I will finish this thing. Even if it is five years later. :rolleyes:
Hehe, just found this thread again.
You don't have too much time if you want to hit the '5 years from now' deadline :D
Civ IV is still the best civ game by far, come back to Diplo II!

Top Bottom