Warhammer Fantasy Mod 2.5

If someone attacks me, and I begin to lose, I have my people call some people, and voila, my enemy`s neighbours gang up on him ;)

Undead civs can become really pesky when you play against them, those Sylvannians gave me alot of trouble in the past, attacking with several dozen vampires. I can keep up with Khemri if they are not way ahead of me in techs, and I don`t recall ever having trouble with Lahmians..

Undead civ can be especially tough once they build the Spell of Awakening. I know skeleton warriors aren't the strongest units by any means, but given enough time the sheer numbers can be overwhelming. I played a couple of games where the Sylvanians built the Spell of Awakening -- by the time I got around to invading their continent they had stacks and stacks of skeleton warriors, mixed in with other more powerful units, and I couldn't get anywhere. I should have gone after them earlier, but I was busy fighting other factions.

Conversely, if you're playing an undead civ it's a fun wonder to build, especially on a continents or pangaea map.

@kai - I think posting an alternate .biq would go against ed`s wishes. And I think my old O&G lines are still somewhere in the WH Discussion thread.

There is nothing inherent wrong with posting an alternate .biq. If nothing else, it would server to diverse and broaden the appeal of the mod. Nothing singular is going to satisfy everyone, as we have demonstrated earlier in this thread. That's why you, I and many others are running custom WF2.5 biq, especially since WF2.5 modders are going to sit on 2.5 for awhile. There is nothing wrong about posting it to share others that have similar taste. Maybe this thread is not a good place to post, but development forum is a good place as others have suggested.

I`m just saying what I`ve been told by mrtn, when I was thinking about posting my own version. Tho, my version was going to be several hundred MB larger than just a .biq ;)

Mrtn mentioned earlier to post in development threads, and I am sure plenty people are looking forward to check out your alternate biq/mod.

There is nothing inherent wrong with posting an alternate .biq. ...
Yes there is. It goes against the wishes of me and embryodead. Don't do it. :nono:

I don't want to see stuff like "I get a crash when trying to load 'WH Random Member Flavour version.biq', it says it can't find HelicopterAttackA.wav". I don't want to clean up other people's mess.

I can't stop you from modding your own version of the mod, but you do it at your own risk, and you might screw it up.

Yes there is. It goes against the wishes of me and embryodead. Don't do it. :nono:
Yes, it is against your wishes, but why do you want to hoard all the creativity to just you two? All the mod content is public domain once you mod them off copyright material (Firafax and Gameworkshop in the case) and publish them. Others have as much rights to mod.

I don't want to see stuff like "I get a crash when trying to load 'WH Random Member Flavour version.biq', it says it can't find HelicopterAttackA.wav". I don't want to clean up other people's mess.

I can understand that you do not want to support other people's mess, and you could easily not support it just by ignoring "can't find *" posts.

I can't stop you from modding your own version of the mod, but you do it at your own risk, and you might screw it up.

Yes, we all screwed up sometime when modding. It's part of learning curve.

See? Told ya.. All my changes are listed .. somewhere on this site, and if someone as stoopid as me can do them, so can you.

It's up to you to post it, but I wouldn't kowtow to the modders just because they are not happy with others modding WH2.5 and don't want others posting alternate .biq. I have seen plenty alternate/different .biq files for other civ3 projects (TAM, to just name one).

I looked up all your posts in this thread for the O/G unit lines, and didn't find it. Did you post it in WH 2.1 thread or earlier?

Yes, it is against your wishes, but why do you want to hoard all the creativity to just you two? All the mod content is public domain once you mod them off copyright material (Firafax and Gameworkshop in the case) and publish them. Others have as much rights to mod.

Big words for someone who registered last month. If you actually created a mod, worked on it for months or years, maybe you'd understand what it means to have competing versions of your mod released by others.

Not sure where did you take that public domain from - content belongs to whoever created it, with usage limited by the GW IP policy. Most of the mod's content is public domain courtesy of the creators, including myself, with a little note in the readme, where I ask for "common sense".

The patch will install Windows Vista on your computer, and paint your bedroom pink. What did you think it did? :confused:

Spoiler :
2.51 fixes & changes

- Dwarven War Galley transport capacity changed from 0 to 2
- Dwarven naval transport upgrade path fixed
- Questing Knight now correctly spawns Battle Pilgrims
- Ironbreaker is now the Dwarven UU (a.k.a. Golden Age unit - they had none)
- Fixed minor glitches with city graphics
- Trebuchet is now in the siege machines upgrade chain
- Great Taurus received Bombard ability; bombard strength raised from 4 to 6
- Lord of Change received Recon and Bombard abilities
- Ogres resource moving probability changed from 1/40 to 1/32
- Fixed civilopedia typos and mistakes.

It's up to you to post it, but I wouldn't kowtow to the modders just because they are not happy with others modding WH2.5 and don't want others posting alternate .biq. I have seen plenty alternate/different .biq files for other civ3 projects (TAM, to just name one).

I looked up all your posts in this thread for the O/G unit lines, and didn't find it. Did you post it in WH 2.1 thread or earlier?

I`m "kowtowing" (dunno what that means exactly, but I think I understand) to them, because I respect them immensly. They created the mod which I have been playing almost exclusivly among all other video games I have for the last few years. They did it with alot of hard work, and they gave it to me for free. If I had trouble with something, they helped me selflessly. And they have been putting up with me for the last year and a half, and thats very nice of them, cos I`m a "difficult" person, and I like being here and I like getting along with everyone. And I know this post is horrific in terms of grammar and style, but I`ve gots me posting frenzy on, ya digg? :p

Mrtn and I have had our disagreements, and still he is here anytime I screw something up. I really appreciate that. And this new patch. Thanks guys! :)

Quick question about the patch. When I unzipped it, it created a new folder called "WH2," instead of having the files go into the "WH2.5" folder. Is that intentional, or should the new files go into the WH2.5 folder?

Top Bottom