• Ancient Era

Votes: 32 26.0%
  • Middle Ages

Votes: 36 29.3%
  • Industrial Era

Votes: 41 33.3%
  • Modern Age

Votes: 12 9.8%
  • There was eras?? Why didn't anybody tell me!!

Votes: 2 1.6%

• Total voters

truckingpete

On a Stark Trek
What is you most favorite Era in the game and why? Is it becuase military might?? Or is it the technology?? Maybe it is another thing in the game???

So let the voting begin!!!

Truckingpete:king:

P.S. - I wanted something special for my 300th post (Time for a custom picture below my name :groucho: ) So I congradulate myself....[dance] :band: [dance]

My favourite era is the middle ages. So many good units and wonders.

So is mine. That is because this is when the human player is at the highest disadvantage. I like the units and early wonders as well. All my favourite civs have their UU around this time too. :D

Ancient.

Planning your cities, exploring the unknown, risking your warrior popping goody huts. You can't beat it

congrats to your custom atavar, pete! mine will take some time ....:(

to your poll: so far, half of the voters clicked medieval age. i dislike medieval age, so i voted for industrial.
i mean every age has it's ups and downs, but in medieval age i allways tend to fall back in tech, and i can't help it! it's definitely a flaw in my playing style (i am usually playing on monarch, this month's gotm is emperor). moreover, medieval marine units look good, but i don't really have a use for them.

the industrial era opens the full possibilities of diplomacy, gives espionage and the wall street. this is the maximum of civ, so when i am playing a builders' style game, e.g. for space race, i especially like IA.

I voted Ancient since it sets the entire tone of the game in my opinion, and I like the early exploring.

i voted modern, i really like playing w/ all the differnt toys, and coridinating air power/naval power/land power, the ability to wage interesting wars...

i personaly feel moder era is really just a more military extension of the Industrial era

I definately voted industrial age because this is the time when you get a more reliable defensive unit. The middle ages are too risky when all you have are musketmen; they are too easy to take down.

middle ages--things that happen here will be remebered throughout your history as sort of epics to look back on-like the Crusades.

Industrial, real shame I hardly make it to there though.

You win before you get to the industrial age? Geeez!

Originally posted by homeyg
You win before you get to the industrial age? Geeez!

I normally get to researching steam power, then win by a conquest/domination victory. Not far enough into the industrial age's to really enjoy it.

Middle Ages.

For all thinking different, Cavalry is still in the Middle Ages Tech Tree.

Industrial Era starts mass battles with Artillery and Tanks, finally Flight.

Micro-Management begins so become a tedious task on huge map.

I prefer the Middle Ages and the short age of sails for the navy.

I like Industrial Era, as thats when I start my military campaign as I can produce hundreds of units in a very short period of time.

Top Bottom