Civ4 BTS v3.19 Patch

Actually BtS (unpatched) already includes 1.74 and 2.13 and will install those when you install BtS...

I should lurk and read more, would have saved me hours the many times I've rebuilt my computer over the years. Thanks.

I should lurk and read more, would have saved me hours the many times I've rebuilt my computer over the years. Thanks.

Don't feel so bad, I stumbled across it - when I couldn't figure out why my Warlords wasn't compatible w/ multiplayer MAC anymore... and I had refrained from patching beyond where the MAC patch was at the time. Yet I had patched BTS.

Checking binary (.exe) file versions got to the bottom of it.

Of course then it made sense why the BTS patch was so freaking big ;)

Öjevind Lång;8175383 said:
Several excellent things in this patch. There's one thing which alone would make it worthwhile, and that's the fact that now one gets a chance to look inside a city before deciding whether to raze it or not.

What :eek: Was tht in the log? I'd think I would remember that...

I might have stumbled on a "bug"... I culturally flipped a city and I was not allowed to peek inside the city before chosing whether to keep or disband....

EDIT: changed "raze" to "disband", thanks EmperorFool :)

What :eek: Was tht in the log? I'd think I would remember that...

No, I noticed it while looking over the code differences.

I might have stumbled on a "bug"... I culturally flipped a city and I was not allowed to peek inside the city before chosing whether to keep or raze....

I haven't seen this popup in a while. Are your choices to "keep" or "disband" the city? If so, this wasn't changed in 3.19. I believe it is governed by the BUTTONPOPUP_DISBANDCITY popup which doesn't allow you to peek inside before making the decision. That would be a nice and easy addition, though.

Oops, I meant "Keep" or "Disband" city :) I know that it has not changed between versions, I just thought that if you have the "investigate" choice when you conquer a city, then how come you don't have that choice if you flip one?

I just thought that if you have the "investigate" choice when you conquer a city, then how come you don't have that choice if you flip one?

I agree it's inconsistent, but it's not a bug since there doesn't appear to have been any attempt to change the behavior.

Should it be changed? Probably. :)

:) alright not a "bug" then :) I just figured that there must be something wrong when it was being inconsistent... and please don't ask me to read the xml code... I'd not get smarter by doing so :p

I really messed. I read about the new patch and how it doesn't need the cd to run. So I installed it but I still had to click on the CD. So I thought that I would uninstall. Well uninstall didn't list the programs the same and I couldn't find them. So I deleted the folders. one was in programs as expected the other was in a "my games" file.

Bottom line: I can't uninstall Civ 4 and I can't install over it. When I try to do either it tells me that because of 1.74 patch the DC can't finish the install or uninstall.

So .... things look bad :-(

You can look in the Control Panel : Add/Remove Software to see if it's still listed. If it is, remove it.

You can try a registry cleaner program that can detect that the installation directories no longer exist.

Finally, you can delete the registry keys pointing to the installation directories. Before you go mucking about in the registry, a) be very careful and b) create a restore point. The following steps are easy, but it's also easy to delete the wrong thing and really muck things up if you're not careful.

You have been warned . . . Not my fault . . . yadda yadda . . .

• Start : Run...
  • regedt32.exe
  • Navigate to "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Firaxis Games"
  • Right-click "Firaxis Games" and select Delete
Once you do this, the game should no longer complain about being the wrong version because it will not believe that it is installed.

Hi,
just one question :
i've patched BTS to 3.19
and i can't play to my mod (such as FF2 or ROM2....) :confused:

What's the pb ???
will i have to patch all mods to be 3.19 compatible :crazyeye:

will i have to patch all mods to be 3.19 compatible

You won't have to, the mod creators will have to, though.

Of course, but players will have to Dwld... and patch... all their mods...

I would have been more efficient to make the 3.19 patch compatible with mods.

I really messed. I read about the new patch and how it doesn't need the cd to run. So I installed it but I still had to click on the CD. So I thought that I would uninstall. Well uninstall didn't list the programs the same and I couldn't find them. So I deleted the folders. one was in programs as expected the other was in a "my games" file.

Bottom line: I can't uninstall Civ 4 and I can't install over it. When I try to do either it tells me that because of 1.74 patch the DC can't finish the install or uninstall.

So .... things look bad :-(

I found the answer; it worked!!! thanks ainwood

ainwood
Oct 28, 2005, 07:25 AM

Go to your Program files folder. IN there, there should be a folder called 'Installshield installation information' (If there isn't, then in the explorer 'tools' menu, choose 'folder options', then on the 'view' tab, check the option for 'show hidden files and folders'.

Open the 'Installshield installation information' folder. In there, you should see a whole lot of folders with weird names, like '{0AD84416-63A4-4CF3-BDDF-8FA866711FB0}'

One of those is for Civ4. Open each one in turn, and if it has a file in it called 'setup.ini', then double-click on that, and look for something that suggests that the folder is for Civ4 (eg. something similar to 'AppName=Civilization 4')

If you find a folder like that, then delete it. If installshield finds that folder, it thinks its installed already. You should then be able to reinstall.

Something that's happening with me since updating is when playing a game the pagefile max's out and freezes the pc, so I have to do a reset. It doesn't do that with 3.17

Your CivilizationIV.ini may of gotten changed. This is a fairly thoroughly tweaked ini, you may want to compare the options to your own, up until the [GAME] line - which is solely specific to each individual player.

Attachments

• CivilizationIV.zip
    2.8 KB · Views: 69
It would have been more efficient to make the 3.19 patch compatible with mods.

No, it would not have been. If it wass mod-compatible, then the .dll could not be changed, nor the new stuff that gives you more mod functions. It would take a very tiny change t break compatability.

Top Bottom