Civ4 BTS v3.19 Patch

This patch has broken PBEM. I thought the problem with the PBEM turn being 'stuck' was just a conversion problem, but it is also happening with new games. There seems to be no rhyme or reason which games are affected
I have had this problem while running duel installs. My install looks like this ...

If I use altroot or a shortcut into the v319 system directory, then this problem may occur. I am now manually renaming the system folder (delete v317 or v319 as appropriate) and haven't had this problem for about a week).

Hmm, I'm a bit disappointed that the patch doesn't remove the copy protection. I've some understanding for copy protection - but not for a 4 year old game. I'd even accept an online activation of the game. Civ is not the only game on the market and playing DJ for stone old games is really annoying.

You're complaining because you can't copy their game CDs? Isn't that just a little silly that they want to defend their copyright and prevent illegal merchandise?

Hmm, I'm a bit disappointed that the patch doesn't remove the copy protection.

The changelog and other players said that it was removed. Are you finding otherwise?

This seems to be related to reloads - if you complete a turn but choose not to send (or even if you *do* send), then it can get confused. It's difficult to describe, but the answer is to delete/rename the folder that contains the saves for the next player and try again.

I believe it's sufficient to simply get rid of the single save file - renaming or deleting the entire folder is not necessary (deleting the folder is probably a bad idea).

I'm thinking something goes wrong in the overwrite process.

Disc check has been removed for BtS, as mentioned above.

If you're referring to copy protection as in, being able to make a copy of the disc, then that is part of the disc itself and no software patch is going to alter that.

And there really is nothing wrong with that.

<< Collateral damage modifiers, collateral damage immunity, and air defense modifiers, multiply instead of add >>

In the typical CR2 Catapult against fortified Longbow in city... does this change have any effect?

Why do I have to reinstall the entire BTS expansion just to reinstall the patch. I thought when I defragmented my hard drive it might have moved a file I'm missing. I figured defragmented was only the bits of code in the hard disk being moved then noticed I was missing a CvGameCoreDLL file. Well, I wasn't missing anything that wasn't already there. So, I had to reinstall the whole game then install the patch just to find out that file never existed. In any new patch they should it make so I don't have to reinstall the whole game just to reinstall the patch.

Why do I have to reinstall the entire BTS expansion just to reinstall the patch.

I didn't have to reinstall to patch. Yours is the first post I've read saying that reinstallation was required.

Why do I have to reinstall the entire BTS expansion just to reinstall the patch. I thought when I defragmented my hard drive it might have moved a file I'm missing. I figured defragmented was only the bits of code in the hard disk being moved then noticed I was missing a CvGameCoreDLL file. Well, I wasn't missing anything that wasn't already there. So, I had to reinstall the whole game then install the patch just to find out that file never existed. In any new patch they should it make so I don't have to reinstall the whole game just to reinstall the patch.

Ummm... you don't. You can't blame Firaxis if you screwed up your system some other way. It sounds like you don't know what you're talking about, so chalk it up to "user error".

my frien d hasnt patch his game since he brought it. does he have to get the previous patches than 3.19?

my frien d hasnt patch his game since he brought it. does he have to get the previous patches than 3.19?

Possibly.
There's a similar glitch I've seen where if you let Warlords auto-patch before installing BtS, you have to uninstall Civ4 and reinstall it correctly.

ok thanks. I wasnt sure b/c 3.17 was like 600mb and 3.19 is 150mb

ok thanks. I wasnt sure b/c 3.17 was like 600mb and 3.19 is 150mb
Erm... no, 3.17 was about the same size as 3.19 - 160 MB. It definitely was not 600 MB. ;)

Disc check has been removed for BtS, as mentioned above.

If you're referring to copy protection as in, being able to make a copy of the disc, then that is part of the disc itself and no software patch is going to alter that.

And there really is nothing wrong with that.

sweet, I just did my umteenth reinstall today and got tons of crc errors from my DVD being so scratched up. I cleaned it yet again and it worked. It will be nice to file this relic of a DVD away before it dies on me.

also, does the bug mod work with this yet?

-=Mark=-

Top Bottom