Washington State set to legalize Gay Marriage

Status
Not open for further replies.
useless (if you'll read this)
Yes, it is.
The definition of illness implies malfunction of the body OR brain - and these are such.
The worst idiot is the one who believes he's sane...
And on the other hand:
Knowing the sickness is half the cure.
Sorry, if you take it as an offense - but I only answered your question.

Homosexuality as a mental illness has since been removed from DSM, maybe you should get an updated copy?

Threads like THIS prove my point.
CAREER is considered more important than children - well, say hello to your mullah!

useless
No, it's MY personal opinion.
And if it wasn't a dis-function, gays would be able to REPRODUCE naturally.
But they can't - so it's definitely contra-natural.
(And if you tell me about gay animals - who said they're not SICK???)

I'm not sure why you're propogating the myth that the MUSLIMS are going to take over because women are having abortions and because of GAYS, which doesn't make any sense

Homosexuality isn't a choice either.
Homosexual acts are choices however unless you are arguing Gays & Lesbians are incapable of controlling themselves which is well...
Why is producing children a big deal when infertile couples can marry and birth control exists?
infertile couples can still complete the marital act, thus it is still an apple albeit a blemished apple, an impotent couple on the other hand should be annullable if is is untreatable as they are incapable of completing the conjugal act.

The sale of birth control should absolutely be banned.
And because they cannot naturally produce children (unless they have a surrogate mother, or had IVF if a lesbian couple) you would deny ALL LGBT the right to marry who they want?

How isn't that callous or malicious?

And frankly it doesn't matter if "race is not a big deal", it was at the time, and the same arguments used to deny swathes of people the right to marry based upon something they could not control, are now being used against LGBT people.

History really does repeat itself.

As is Homosexuality, which occurs in nature.
All sorts of horrible thigs happen in nature thus either side arguing it's (un)natural is stupid.
Because heterosexuality is natural, it is what makes new generations. For thousands of years it has always been with a man and a woman in every society on every Continent.
see above
How can you tell if someone is infertile before the sanctity of marriage?
You can't, especially
Huh?
I wasn't aware that it was already legal outside of Massachusetts. Well, awesome. More hot lesbian action.
True lesbians are quite mannish in both thinking and looks, probably the result of way too much testosterone in the womb
I believe not discriminating against minority groups is a part of being civilised, yes.
Left handed people are being oppressed, will you stand up with them for their rights? Even our very language discriminates against them, it's all rather sinister.
I thought marriage was existent before the Judeo-Christian definition of marriage.
indeed, and it was still between a man and a woman
Homosexuality as a mental illness has since been removed from DSM, maybe you should get an updated copy?
Because it doesn't meet criteria for a mental illness, Gender Identity Disorder does however and is classified as such.

Legalizing gay marriages and abortions is the fastest way for Western Islamization.

Islam prohibits abortions and homosexuality.

The worst idiot is the one who believes he's sane...

Should I even point out the...?

Gays and abortions - less BIRTHS - less NATIVE citizens - more immigrants - more Muslims - Islamization of the state.

Less native citizens does not equate to more immigrants.

And if it wasn't a dis-function, gays would be able to REPRODUCE naturally.

They can. They just prefer not to.

The sale of birth control should absolutely be banned.

?!?!?!

Would you care to expound on that?

True lesbians are quite mannish in both thinking and looks

O RLY?

Moderator Action: Trolling and spam.
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

Legalizing gay marriages and abortions is the fastest way for Western Islamization.
Do you really want this???
If so - you can start making personal use bombs already.

This ... doesn't make any sense. A non sequitur, if anything.

"If you legalize gay marriage and abortions, there will be NUCLEAR WAR!!!!" makes just as much sense.

This ... doesn't make any sense. A non sequitur, if anything.

"If you legalize gay marriage and abortions, there will be NUCLEAR WAR!!!!" makes just as much sense.

He explained it in a follow-up post, although the logic in that one was almost as dubious.

Yeah I missed an entire page :blush:

Moderator Action: The discussion of being gay or having abortions leading to "islamization" ends now. Please get back on topic.

?!?!?!

Would you care to expound on that?

Excuse me while I search for a pic of Ellen DeGeneres...
Birth control has worked to undermine marriage, so has abortion, they've served to divorce the procreative act from marriage.

That was a generalization, female sexuality is far more fluid than male sexuality. I in fact know a woman who was a "lesbian" for quite some time, then stuff happened and now she is happily married to a man with children. For women it has very much to the do with the person, that is why fewer women are lesbians and more are bisexual.

Birth control has worked to undermine marriage, so has abortion, they've served to divorce the procreative act from marriage.

I'm still not seeing the problem here.

I'm still not seeing the problem here.
If the family is the building block of society then a collapse of the building block is like removing the foundation of a building, if strong winds or an earthquake come along it's going to get real bad, real fast.

If the family is the building block of society then a collapse of the building block is like removing the foundation of a building, if strong winds or an earthquake come along it's going to get real bad, real fast.

Okay. You do realize that there are a lot of families in which the parents aren't married, right?

Did ANYONE check the LINK I provided???
I wonder, how else did Muslims rise to 10-20% percent of some EUROPEAN cities population if not through immigration combined with LESS children for Europeans???
And less children is achieved through less NATURAL marriages combined with less children in a CAREER-bound family.

OK, here's the math:
(The numbers sometimes get a BIT altered for easier counting.)
Consider a city is always 100 citizens.
So, it starts as:
100% native; 0% immigrant.
Next generation chooses to have only 1 child in every second family.
Thus, the next generation ends up as 25*2+25*1=75 native children.
The rest 25 can easily come from immigration.
Now, the Muslims, say, have 3 children in every second family, while natives have 1 and 2 again.
Then (we say, 38 native N families and 12 immigrant M):
19*2+19*1+12*3=57N+36M=93
7 more immigrants.
Then (28fN + 22fM):
14*(2+1)+22*3=42N+66M=108
8 get expelled to end up as 100.
Then (20fN+30fM):
10*(2+1)+30*3=30N+90M=120
Now you have to expel already 20!
Then (14fN+36fM):
7*3+36*3=21N+108M!!!!!
The total number of immigrants is MORE than the number of original residents!!!
And that's with all the expulsions!!!
OK, this is too mathematized, but you should get the IDEA.
Also, both 1-per-every-second-family for natives and 3-per-family for immigrants are random numbers.
But actually, the first can be LOWER and the second HIGHER..!!!
So it's even WORSE!!!

EDIT:
I was writing it for some long time - so I won't discard such a huge effort.
But we can stop discussing it NOW.

Marriage has nothing to do with procreation. For hundreds of years, at least, it was solely about the exchange of property. And birth control was available (if not quite as effective as today) for thousands of years.
And there are methods for gay couples to have children and I have not seen any studies that show them as less effective at raising children, most say it is effectively the same with some advantage for gay couples that is likely do to not having unintended children.

Besides, doesn't enforced monogamy (via marriage) decrease reproductive potential? One man can quite easily impregnate multiple women so polygamy would allow for the preventing of less desirable men from procreating while not decreasing the total number of births. Further if one partner turns out to be infertile a marriage would prevent the fertile partner from reproducing.

Marriage has nothing to do with procreation. For hundreds of years, at least, it was solely about the exchange of property. And birth control was available (if not quite as effective as today) for thousands of years.
And there are methods for gay couples to have children and I have not seen any studies that show them as less effective at raising children, most say it is effectively the same with some advantage for gay couples that is likely do to not having unintended children.

Besides, doesn't enforced monogamy (via marriage) decrease reproductive potential? One man can quite easily impregnate multiple women so polygamy would allow for the preventing of less desirable men from procreating while not decreasing the total number of births. Further if one partner turns out to be infertile a marriage would prevent the fertile partner from reproducing.
And the furthering of blood lines which is both property and children

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom