Mongols review

I'm not sure about you people, but I love the mongols. I do what one of the strategies mentioned earlier where I go for all production, and quickly take out people. Also, the quick production can help you build stuff like wonders, units, or building quicker. And also, listen to the Apolex guy, he's right. With certain bonuses (even if some are by chance, mainly the finding the ark part) you can easily get your Civ up and being the strongest one quickly. I use the mongols for Domination or Cultural victory, I haven't tried for Tech or Economic with them though.
I love the Mongols, they're really not that bad a Civ, you just have to know how to use them.

I liked Civoholic's reviews. Shame he hasn't been here for ages so we probably won't be getting anymore. You people scared him off! :(

What? Why do you just say they suck? I am not joking when I say that think the Mongols are one of the best civilizations. I mean if you only look at the negative side you can make civs like Rome look like the worst civ in the game. I realy cannot see why people hate them so. +%50 trade is huge when over half of your cities are stolen. And cpautred cities turn into cities is one of the greatest powers. It is a lost better than a measly 30 gold or a caravan. If you are lucky, you can get almost six aditional citeis early game with this power. And cities with 1 pop easily grow to 2 pop so they can become kesike factories before you know it. I have to agree that +1 movement isn't like an attack increase, but it makes kesiks worth it to build than legions. 3 movement is the equivalent of a tank and when you have armies that fast you can declare war and attack their cities quickly so they don't have time to build many archers, you can easily get reinforcements to your army while keep it attacking at a normal pace.
Then there is +2 production from mountains wich is huge, making mountains ctually worth it to settel next to in the early game. It makes most of your barb cities blossom with production and can give you the productin to build an iron mine. Many people have gotton the +200 prodcution per turn achievmetn with this civ because of this power which raised the maximum prod. of mountains to 16.
Finally, Communism. This gives you two things:
+50% hammers for free
-33% factory cost
This actually does make them shine. Any good mongol player would not have been focused on culture at this point so communism is feasable. This can cause a production explosion with the mountain bonus. The government can give you the hammers to build cheaper factories and when you are done even the barb cities with few food spaces around them will blossom with productivity. Once you get this power go peace for a few turns to open up your factories and then rush out 3 movent knights to reign terror on any surviving neighbor. And to think that each one of the cities you capture gets a trade increase? Focus you captured cities on the science and gold of your empires and focus your barb cities on production mostly and you can get some pretty powerful armies going for a sure domination victory.
I think that someone who can't beat the game as all of the civilizations realy stinks at the game.

I don't like the Mongols either but I guess it's because of my play style that doesn't work with the mongols
just forget about the Mongols if you don't like them there are 15 other civs

okay, the reviews you people are making, are OVERCOMPLICATED, you don't have to detail every little part, to get the point across.
Remember, these are for new players, its not supposed to be complicated

I think there okay for sp, but for multiplayer there garbage, one game, i played with a friend who is really good, got destroyed playing as the mongols, because his cities weren't strong enough to make enough units to defend the city

and im sorry that a didn't put the strategy for using the mongols, i'll put that up now.

with MY reviews, i like having a short one, that makes a simple point on a civ, so people who play the game, or are new and might be buying the game could understand

haha your ridiculous... your assuming that people new to this game are not very intelligent and that all they want are poorly written pearls of apparent wisdom from someone who has the intelligence of a spoon... a plastic spoon.

haha your ridiculous... your assuming that people new to this game are not very intelligent and that all they want are poorly written pearls of apparent wisdom from someone who has the intelligence of a spoon... a plastic spoon.

C'mon. That was unnecessarily harsh and something you should refrain from doing. Please don't badge on others, instead make this forum a friendly place where people like to contribute instead of thinking about the risk of getting nagged at. Comments like this make me sad. :sad:

Top Bottom