Battle Plan for TNT

Own

Grasshoppah
Just like the Top Secret War Room for MIA, this is not to discuss whether or not to attack TNT, but to plan it out if we so desire to attack.

Some thoughts-
How many galleys?
How many GS?
General attack routes?
Plan for countering immortals?

Also some geeks with combat calculating and town capturing probability toys could be a big help.

This needs a :bump: I'd think.

First thing we'll need is some intell.

The second thing we need is an navy. I'd say a minimum of six galleys.

Sir Bugsy said:
First thing we'll need is some intell.

I'm workin' on it. Harbors are gently being short-rushed. A galley is in the queue. Latest log is in the "Department of Turnplay" thread.

Sir Bugsy said:

Is that the necessary number before operations begin or as our stratigic goal?

Depending on the overall battle plan, it would seem that three galleys would be enough to begin ferrying troops across the gap and keep an eye on likely avenues of approach.

Of course, I am assuming that we will be engaged in some major unit operations. If our only goal is pillaging and hitting soft targets of oportunity, then six would be necessary.

I think the advantage of having 6 boats is some can blockade the waterways. If they can only use coastal tiles to reach us then they have to go through us to get to us. Their coastal cities will have to be focused 100% on galley manufacturing (without a GA) and my guess is many of these cities don't have a harbor either. I will try to get a map up unless someone else can now.

Dropping off and picking up GS with regular and injured galleys then blockading and short trips to the gap with vet galleys. In naval warfare regular (injured) galleys would become the transports while the vet galleys can do double time by blockading, protecting and threatening even without cargo inside. There are a lot of possibilities when we control the seas.

@Whomp

Makes sense. I am traditionally a land-oriented warior in my SGs; the navy is there to get my troops on the ground (Sorry admiral...).

Based on your description I see the wisdom of awaiting six galleys for the multitude of threats they allow us to weild.

I can't wait to put a deep hurting on TNT :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

think about the declaration of war and the visible troops when we do it. the bigger the SoD, the bigger the suprise.

I think a pile of eight GS and four cats/trebs would put the fear o' God in anyone, especially if directed by Sir B and 'slinger and scout. It would certainly make me stop and catch my breath.

And then being able to carry a steady stream of reinforcement.....

So that makes six galleys a tactical requirement I think, unless the shipping distance is such we can have four do the work of six....

As scout always preaches - amateurs talk tactics, professionals talk logistics. I am thinking of reinforcements for our beach head. Eventually we will want to build a city so we can unload and attack the same turn. So we may want to have a settler in the second wave.

I thought six galleys so we could have 12 units in the initial wave.

Bugs their coastal tundra city (ivory and furs) may be at size 2 by the time we attack and did not have a garrison when our curragh past last time so we may be able to use that city as our beachhead as well.

I think I need to get a copy of the save or find a screen shot of that area.

These were as of turn 105.
Here are my attempts at a map. They have zero cities on the west coast and only these 3 coastals....

Here's the distance from our coast to Furbomb.

Here's the distance to their biggest coastal.

Some jungle cities show borders here.

My guess is the capital is on settler pump mode. We should watch this.

Scoutsout wondered in Diplo for Doughnut thread how much effort we should actually put in this war.

Dagh said:
Yessir, my point is we should not stay stuck in a position where we have to ship reinforcements multiple times but go for a really quick and heavy first strike and, as you pointed out, take as much as we can in a few rounds. The optimal size of SoD would be enough to make TNT believe we could cripple them big time, but not neccesarily doing it all the way.The whole mission would be completed in good time before the peace with MIA expires and we would have all our troops back ('cept for possible garrison if we don't raze).

I agree with this, unless things turn out to be much easier than expected.

Holy cow where'd this thread come from??? now I have to read some more.

EDIT:: finished reading and I need to say woo hoo...

Also, why not build galleys in some of the other cities. right now we have 5 harbors in construction. Is all of them necessary or could we get 2 galleys instead of 1 harbor?

Here's a thought... we know TNT and MIA are on friendly terms. If we were to delay attacking TNT until we wanted a fight with MIA... we could send just enough of a stack of doom against TNT to make them start squawking to their allies... just enough of an invasion to make TNT do the "chicken little" routine...

...this might make MIA think that we've committed substantial forces to an invasion...and might bait them into something stupid.

It's an interesting thought, but our window of opportunity is too small I'm afraid. Soon muskets will start to appear.

The ideal landing point is a hill. THe only hill next to a city I sse is up next to Carpetbomb. From there we can attack two cities with our GS.

Of course we would want to raze both of those cities.

I agree with Tubby that two galleys are better than a harbor so that we can get over there before the window of opportunity closes.

If this is a short term war, we won't have to worry about reinforcements.

If we going to hit before they get powder our window is a peephole and we better get there fast. How many turns before they/MIA gets it and are TNT lucky enough to have a source roaded when it appears? One option is going there and face the muskets, but with a bigger stack. Then again losing units in republic is a bummer, but...being religious Idiots we could always swap to Monarchy before we strike

Top Bottom