Bug Report (English)

Solved after reinstalling CCV, thanks for the advice Thomas SG.
Spoiler :
I found a few bugs in 4.28:

1.) The coffee resource isn't displayed properly. It is pink.
Spoiler :

2.) There is no unhealthiness anymore. Did you remove that alltogether?
Spoiler :

3.) Roads don't connect to each other anymore.
Spoiler :

I have a road from Delhi all the way to the worker.

4.) Whenever I tried to enter worldbuilder, the game crashes - I tried it in different games. Did you add another resource or overlay which may cause problems?

Solved after reinstalling CCV.
Spoiler :
Okay, I found a reproducable CTD in 4.28. After loading the file, click on the workboat and move it to the left. Whenever I did this (3x now) I got a CTD.

There must be something terrible wrong with your version or my upload. I've started a game myself some minutes ago and I have coffee near my starting location. It's okay. Not pink. And my roads are connected. And the unhealthiness is calculated right but not shown as it seems. I've seen that too but I don't know the reason at the moment. I've done no changes. I'm still searching for the reason.

The savegame will be checked. Thanks. I hope it will help me. But your description sounds good. :D By the way I've got a new DLL for 4.28. I forgot to compile some BUG code. :mischief: But that's for sure not the reason for your bugs.

I'll upload a patch or a complete new version later...

@CellKu

I think you got trouble with your arts. I can open WB and I can also move the ship to the left. But if you move to the left a shrimp ressi becomes visible. And I fear you got trouble with it too. Maybe you got trouble with all new resources arts like coffee, tea, shrimps,... ?

Thomas SG, thanks for your advice. I feared something like that. I don't understand why that happened, though, because I only exchanged your art_terrain.fpk with other terrain (btw, thank you for outsourcing it!). :confused: Anyway, I will reinstall CCV and then try again. I am sorry if all that trouble was because I used different terrain textures. :(

Thanks, Thomas SG. I reinstalled CCV and that solved all the problems. :) Sorry for diverting your attention. :blush:

Btw, I edited the above posts to ensure others don't get distracted by these comments.

Hey, no problem. Good to hear that it works now. And here is the new DLL. I think it will work with 4.28 save games. Your "broken save" worked well with it.

Attachments

• CvGameCoreDLL.rar
    1.2 MB · Views: 45
Brief question (I don't know if it is a bug): I currently play with "tech conquest" enabled. So, I thought that when I conquer a city I should get a message like "You received ## beakers for [tech]". But I didn't see any such message and am not sure whether I got any beakers (even without such a message) - no matter whether I razed the city or not. And the AI (Zara) has quite a number of techs that I don't have.
Did you purposely switch off tech conquest? If not, do you need a save? If so, I will post one.

Brief question (I don't know if it is a bug): I currently play with "tech conquest" enabled. So, I thought that when I conquer a city I should get a message like "You received ## beakers for [tech]". But I didn't see any such message and am not sure whether I got any beakers (even without such a message) - no matter whether I razed the city or not. And the AI (Zara) has quite a number of techs that I don't have.
Did you purposely switch off tech conquest? If not, do you need a save? If so, I will post one.

Save please. If it is a bug or not I don't know without it. And yes, you will get a message. But I know that the feature is working because I saw it in my own game. And I'm playing exactly the same version.

But maybe some words about it. The number of technologies is set by random between 0-3 not 1-3! And of course you can only get a bonus for techs you are able to research on your own. So you will get in 25% of cases no tech bonus even if the city owner knows advanced techs.

€: I think the random result should be different after a reload. Try it again.

But maybe some words about it. The number of technologies is set by random between 0-3 not 1-3! And of course you can only get a bonus for techs you are able to research on your own. So you will get in 25% of cases no tech bonus even if the city owner knows advanced techs.

€: I think the random result should be different after a reload. Try it agian.
Ah, the 0-3 explains it, certainly. I didn't know that. I thought you had set the no. to at least "1". Well, then it was probably just bad luck, as both cities I conquered did not give me any tech (and tech leader Zara had a number of techs I didn't have, but could research).

If you saw the feature working in your games than don't bother about it. Still, since you asked for it, I attach a save. Just move the axeman and destroy the militia in the city.
But as I said it was very likely just bad luck. Btw, reloading didn't help, at least for the three times I reloaded (but that was probably because I didn't have the "random seed on reload" (or what it is called) turned on).

Attachments

• CellKu AD-0425CCV.CivBeyondSwordSave
    275.5 KB · Views: 49
Ah, the 0-3 explains it, certainly. I didn't know that. I thought you had set the no. to at least "1". Well, then it was probably just bad luck, as both cities I conquered did not give me any tech (and tech leader Zara had a number of techs I didn't have, but could research).

If you saw the feature working in your games than don't bother about it. Still, since you asked for it, I attach a save. Just move the axeman and destroy the militia in the city.
But as I said it was very likely just bad luck. Btw, reloading didn't help, at least for the three times I reloaded (but that was probably because I didn't have the "random seed on reload" (or what it is called) turned on).

Thanks for the save. I'll do some changes to the code for testing to see what it is. It's no problem for me to do so and find out if you had no luck or if we got a bug here. I'll report it later.

Is it a 4.28 game? I couldn't open your save with 4.29 and 4.29A. :confused:
Ups, sorry I didn't mention it. Yes, it is still 4.28 (the game I referred to in one of my previous posts which keeps me so busy that I sometimes think I play on marathon...). ;)

Hej Thomas you are tottaly crazy ...:crazyeye: somehow I lost my self..Idont know witch version I am playing now...slowdown a little :)
Anyway I am really glad to see you work with full speed...downloading new version now...
Talk to you soon....:p

If you want to know the version move your mouse onto the big flag in the main interface. ;)

Ups, sorry I didn't mention it. Yes, it is still 4.28 (the game I referred to in one of my previous posts which keeps me so busy that I sometimes think I play on marathon...). ;)

Okay. But I haven't got the 4.28 version anymore. :hmm: Should I really download an outdated version of my own game? Maybe later... :p

Okay. But I haven't got the 4.28 version anymore. :hmm: Should I really download an outdated version of my own game? Maybe later... :p
:lol:
Sorry, I still play the old version, because I don't want to interrupt the great CCV-game I am playing right now. ;) But as I said, don't bother about that (better invest your time in 4.30 and 5.00!). :) I will see whether I get some techs from the next cities I conquer...

I play a game with 4.29A and can't get past the current turn (594/1500) because of a CTD. :cry: It crashes with a segfault in the CvGameCoreDLL.
The game was very stable up to this point and i would love to continue it. :(

Is it only me or does it crash for you as well?

OMG! :eek: What a mega map.

All I can tell you at the moment is that I can play the next turn. I'll have a shower now and run some AI turns in between. That will take for ever on this map... :lol:

€: Even if the result is that I can play it on my machine and you can't keep your save!!! I saw that the onTechAcquired function needs a lot of power and time. Maybe I can find a way to reduce the required resources so that you can go on too.

Top Bottom