Bug Report (English)

Thanks for your reply, Thomas!

OMG! :eek: What a mega map.

All I can tell you at the moment is that I can play the next turn. I'll have a shower now and run some AI turns in between. That will take for ever on this map... :lol:

€: Even if the result is that I can play it on my machine and you can't keep your save!!! I saw that the onTechAcquired function needs a lot of power and time. Maybe I can find a way to reduce the required resources so that you can go on too.

I was surprised by the size as well, after i discovered the calendar tech. ^^
It would be awesome if the optimization could solve the crash for me.

Even no problems after 10 turns.

Hmm. I tested it again, and it crashes but i will not give up that easily as the situation in the game is quite interesting :D
The crash occurs shortly after i end my turn and long before the AI is done with theirs.

Okay, a first try. It's just one new code line but it avoids a lot of unnecessary updates. But I doubt this is enough. But put this new EventManager into Assets/Python.

Attachments

• CvEventManager.rar
    10 KB · Views: 109
Sorry for the late reply. Sadly this does not prevent the crash. :(
Can you provide me a debug build of the CvGameCoreDLL.dll? Maybe i can get some further information with a debugger.

Sorry for the late reply. Sadly this does not prevent the crash. :(
Can you provide me a debug build of the CvGameCoreDLL.dll? Maybe i can get some further information with a debugger.

Sorry, but I cannot. I failed to compile a debug DLL. But I asked for help.

In between you could try this new DLL. I doubt again that it can help you but you never know. It includes a rewritten migration code. More of my desired changes can't be done without to break the savegame compatibility.

Thomas SG, just wanted to let you know that I got some tech beaker yesterday when conquering another city. So, everything is fine in that regard with my game and it was just bad luck that I didn't get anything when conquering the first two cities.

Sorry, but I cannot. I failed to compile a debug DLL. But I asked for help.

In between you could try this new DLL. I doubt again that it can help you but you never know. It includes a rewritten migration code. More of my desired changes can't be done without to break the savegame compatibility.

It would be cool if it helps. If its to much work i would rather see you investing your precious time on 4.30 and 5.00 instead of my problem. ;)

Where can i find the new DLL?

Thomas SG, just wanted to let you know that I got some tech beaker yesterday when conquering another city. So, everything is fine in that regard with my game and it was just bad luck that I didn't get anything when conquering the first two cities.

:goodjob:

It would be cool if it helps. If its to much work i would rather see you investing your precious time on 4.30 and 5.00 instead of my problem. ;)

Where can i find the new DLL?

:hammer2: In my dustbin. :D Deleted this file some minutes ago. I really forgot to upload it. Sorry. But don't care about the invested time. A new mechanic for migration was on the list for 4.30 before. And what I'm doing here is just a part of it.

And the new system is better although not finished. For example people are just leaving cities because of war if an enemy is really near. And the code where they will go is also absolutly new. You will see now more moves between own cities. The only thing I still dislike is the distance they are going and the ignored (closed) borders of countries in between. But I already know what to do. :) 4.30 will have a perfect migration system that will be influenced by civics too.

Attachments

• CvGameCoreDLL.rar
    1.2 MB · Views: 63
The new DLL unfortunately does not solve the problem. I think that a debug build would be very useful in this case.

Btw: Can't wait for 4.30 :D

Okay. I've made a debug DLL for 4.29A. But that's everything I know about this one at the moment. The code in the DLL is a bit different from the standard 4.29A DLL because it uses already the new migration code, the RevDCM update to 583 and I've made some stability changes.

Attachments

• Debug_CvGameCoreDLL.rar
    2.3 MB · Views: 64
Okay. I've made a debug DLL for 4.29A. But that's everything I know about this one at the moment. The code in the DLL is a bit different from the standard 4.29A DLL because it uses already the new migration code, the RevDCM update to 583 and I've made some stability changes.

Thanks!
I get the following assertion failure before the crash:
Code:
Assert Failed

File:  c:\users\thomas\desktop\cvgamecoredll\CvPlayerAI.h
Line:  26
Expression:  ePlayer < MAX_PLAYERS

----------------------------------------------------------

I will try to get further information when i get more time.
(Have trouble to display the function names in the debugger :sad:)

Sorry for the noise. ^^

I just installed version v4.29B (no previous versions), and I've encountered a minor problem and a major problem:

The minor problem is that when I first started the mod, it told me that my graphics card didn't meet the minimum requirements and thus my graphics settings had been automatically set low to help the game run. It is untrue that my computer doesn't meet the requirements. But this is only a minor problem because after reconfiguring the graphics settings it doesn't complain about it again.

The major problem is that when I start the game and found my first city, the game apparently thinks that a huge number of unnamed religions have spread to the city. I've attached a screenshot of what it looks like. The list just keeps growing, and it also plays the videos for the founding of religions, buddhism, taoism, etc.

[edit]
When I start Civ 4 without the mod, it brings up the minimum requirements things again. I'm a bit annoyed about this, because it suggests that this mod has done something to my Civ 4 install other than just put some files in the mod folder. (Unless something else on my computer happened to get changed at the same time I installed the mod.) This kind of thing is why I much prefer to install mods using a zip file rather than an installer &#8212; I like to know and control exactly how the mod is installed so that I can prevent problems.

[edit again]
It seems that the problem is related to the config files. If I change the settings while in the CCV mod, then I lose all the settings for everything else (other mods, and the game without mods). If the change the settings in the game with no mod installed the I lose all the settings for CCV. So every time I switch which one I'm playing I have to change all my settings again. &#8212; At least this suggests that the mod installer probably didn't mess with my Civ 4 install, but rather just that the mod itself messes up the config files.

The message about my machine not meeting the game's requirements is probably a problem with Civ 4 itself, but it only appears when the previous settings have been lost.

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0028.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0028.JPG
    196.5 KB · Views: 70
The major problem is that when I start the game and found my first city, the game apparently thinks that a huge number of unnamed religions have spread to the city. I've attached a screenshot of what it looks like. The list just keeps growing, and it also plays the videos for the founding of religions, buddhism, taoism, etc.
I did a few tests, but did not encounter this problem.
It seems that the problem is related to the config files. If I change the settings while in the CCV mod, then I lose all the settings for everything else (other mods, and the game without mods). If the change the settings in the game with no mod installed the I lose all the settings for CCV. So every time I switch which one I'm playing I have to change all my settings again. &#8212; At least this suggests that the mod installer probably didn't mess with my Civ 4 install, but rather just that the mod itself messes up the config files.
This is not a unique problem of CCV. I encountered that as well, when I played QC. Maybe it is a problem of the RevDCM core (or BUG).

Thomas SG, I got a problem - a CTD with your latest version 4.29B:

When I contact Sury - in the attached file - and then try to cancel the trade with him in which he pays 6 gold (the last one in the list), I get a CTD right after clicking that I want to cancel it.
I tried it several times, even after negotiating an OB first, but always got the same result (=CTD).

Attachments

• CellKu AD-0880CCV.CivBeyondSwordSave
    496.1 KB · Views: 43
Thomas SG, I got a problem - a CTD with your latest version 4.29B:

When I contact Sury - in the attached file - and then try to cancel the trade with him in which he pays 6 gold (the last one in the list), I get a CTD right after clicking that I want to cancel it.
I tried it several times, even after negotiating an OB first, but always got the same result (=CTD).

Hi.

I'm very, very busy at the moment. My life is going crazy again. And it will stay so for a long time I fear. So expect nothing from me at the moment. I would like to but I cannot. Sorry.

About the bug. Yes, that is a new problem I've created while solving another one. I've broken a virtual call from a popup. You cannot do anything against it. It's a massive bug in the B version. The A version doesn't suffer from it. I've seen it in between too and repaired it but my current version is not complete. And so not released.
I've tried to implement a new unit support system to reduce the number of units in the later game. But as I told you this is not finished. Should I upload it anyway in next days (/weeks :sad:)?

Hey Thomas, in my game I noticed that when I got more health signs than sick people signs they count to my food production.

So if I got 6 health signs, 3 sick people signs.
I produce 8 food and I use 6 cus my city is 3 big

Is it supposed to do this? And besides that an EXCELLENT MOD!

Same problem in version 4.29
It wouldn't be so bad if enemies had the same advantage but it's no fun when the enemies aren't enjoying the same advantage

Hey Thomas, in my game I noticed that when I got more health signs than sick people signs they count to my food production.

So if I got 6 health signs, 3 sick people signs.
I produce 8 food and I use 6 cus my city is 3 big

Is it supposed to do this?

Same problem in version 4.29
It wouldn't be so bad if enemies had the same advantage but it's no fun when the enemies aren't enjoying the same advantage

Damn. Saw this too late for 4.29C. But I'll check it. Thanks for the report. :goodjob: But the effect should be the same for all players because the calculation is the same for everybody.

And besides that an EXCELLENT MOD!

Thank you very much. :)

Probably not an issue anymore, thus spoilered.
Spoiler :
Do other experience that as well?: When I play a game (with 4.29C) and then want to (re-)load (from within the game, NOT the very first load from the main menu) I always get a CTD. :confused:

Do other experience that as well?: When I play a game (with 4.29C) and then want to (re-)load (from within the game, NOT the very first load from the main menu) I always get a CTD. :confused:

I've tried it now with 3 games (S map) and 2 times per game in different states of the game. No problems on my machine.

What about the others? Have you got trouble?

@CellKu
Give me a save that crashes when reloading from game, please. I want to see if it does the same on my machine.

Top Bottom