Song of the Decade

CivLuvah

Deity
I think there should be a song for every decade in the 20th century & there should also be a song for the first decade of the 21st century. Plus, when you hear the song, you will identify the culture & history of that decade.
Example:
1990s- "Wannabe" by the Spice Girls.

Make a suggestion of what should you pick as the song of the decade for the 50s, 60s, 70s, 80s, & the first decade of the 21st century.

THIS IS JUST AN IDEA. OKAY. NO COMPLAINTS.

Mostly American oriented:
1870s: Silver Threads Among the Gold
1880s?
1890s: Daisy Bell (A Bicycle Built for Two) or Ta-ra-ra Boom-de-ay
1900s: In My Merry Oldsmobile
1910s: Over There
1920s: Yes We Have No Bananas
1930s: Brother, Can You Spare a Dime?
1940s: I'm A Cranky Old Yank in a Clanky Old Tank on the Streets of Yokohama with My Honolulu Mama doing Those Beat-O, Beat-O, Flat-On-My-Seat-O, Hirohito Blues. (Or Lily Marlene)
1950s: Rock Around the Clock
1960s: For What It's Worth or I Want to Hold Your Hand
1970s: Waterloo (or London Calling or The Hustle)
1980s: Sign of the Times (or Gangsta's Paradise)
1990s: Macarena (or Whooomp! There it is)
2000s:Oops!… I Did It Again

1960's Any thing by the Beatle's

2000's Solja Boy

What do you mean Soulja Boy???? Their songs are just... CRAP! Their song are not even real rap songs. Their most famous song is just a total disrespect for pop culture. They say "U" about 34 times & all they talk about is their video on youtube. I don't think their even a real rap group. I think they are bent for world domination & brainwashing us using their song "Cranck That". Flo Rida's much better than Soulja Boy. Real rap song should be about love or the singer's personality. Not their marketing schemes. I think that Flo Rida's "Low" is much better for song of the decade for 2000's. Plus "Wannabe" is a great song. I LOVE THE SPICE GIRLS!!!!! I pretend that it's still the 90's. It's perfect. WHY DOES ANYONE LOVE POP ANYMORE!!!!!?????? I think you, DroopyTofu, you're a newbie here in CFC. Soulja Boy's song is now stuck to my head because of a total disrespect of pop culture.

Moderator Action: Moved from History to OT.

Rock N Roll gets the 60s
Motown gets the 70s
Punk gets the 80s
Grunge gets the 90s

No one wants the 00s. I'll give it to POP, Spice girls was too late in the 90s anyways.

1960s - "Fortunate Son" by Creedence Clearwater Revival
1970s - "Gonna Fly Now" by Bill Conti
1980s - "Weird Science" by Oingo Boingo
1990s - "I'll Be There For You" by The Rembrandts
2000s - don't care, music is dead for me now

I love The Beatles, but to me the 60s (and early 70s) have a very Vietman/war protest feel. I can easily replace "Fortunate Son" with most anything by the earlier Beatles though and it would still fit perfectly for that decade.

What do you mean Soulja Boy???? Their songs are just... CRAP! Their song are not even real rap songs. Their most famous song is just a total disrespect for pop culture.

Hmm, a crappy fake song that is disrespectful.

Sounds about right to me.

Rock N Roll gets the 60s
Motown gets the 70s
Punk gets the 80s
Grunge gets the 90s

No one wants the 00s. I'll give it to POP, Spice girls was too late in the 90s anyways.

Emo and "post-punk" dren like that would be this decade's hot genre.

Make your own list, then. Was there a problem with the whole list of mine, or just one particular song?

I think although accurate for the times it did and does not reflect the popular music of the day. I can't make a list it would be filled with jazz and classical music :p.

Top Bottom