Guide for installing beyond the sword with Gold Edition

ddollas

Chieftain
First off I want to say hello to everyone here, I love this site and all the wonderful information that can be found here.

Alas, I am one of the foolish people that bought the gold edition without realizing that the file structure is all screwed up. I attempted to search about the forums and see if anyone posted a thread on which files one needs to edit in the registry to get it to install, but I guess I either suck at typing keywords into the search function or there simply isn't one. :(

If anyone could direct me to some sort of help with installing the final expansion I would be most appreciative. :)

I initially bought the Gold Edition, because the Wal-Mart was conveniently "out of stock" for the cheaper regular version for weeks and weeks. :p So I got to install Beyond the Sword based off of the Gold Edition, and I didn't have any trouble at all. I just put in the CD and everything installed just fine... what exactly is going wrong for you? (I have Vista if that matters.)

Hmmm,

How recently did you do it? I read tons and tons of threads about how difficult it is to get it to install, so I never tried it. I was hoping to find a guide before I even attempted to get it to install. I guess I can give it a shot, your reply fills me with hope. :)

I've installed BtS over the Gold edition. No problem at all. I didn't have to tweak anything.

I did it about two months ago, I believe.

Though make sure once it's installed you patch the game to at least v3.13, if not 3.17. The version I got prepackaged had all sorts of nasty glitches like broken corporations and extremely glitchy combat animations. You have to download them manually, the ingame patcher doesn't work right.

It worked fine when i bought it, however I am experiencing the silly combat glitches. Glad to hear that patching it will solve that issue. :) Thanks guys, I couldn't be happier. :)

Top Bottom