Popup ads

I've been seeing this unclosable pop-up, too. Just got it again. Top banner was Bloodman; bottom was Hiscox (VERY unfortunate name for an insurance company).

I'm surprised that Padma says this is allowed. CFC has never tolerated pop-ups before, especially ones that can't be closed. It's annoying.

Yes. How dare sites make money indirectly by offering a service and having ads to support that service.

Ads degrade the user experience too much for me to consider using services with ads.

I've said before that I'd be willing to pay money instead of viewing ads, but ads are not an option.

I have AdblockPlus installed but it's not blocking that extremely irritating full-page 'watch the trailer now' advert - while I appreciate that it's the site's right to advertise to promote revenue, can't help but think that one is a bit too far into turn-off territory.

Admuncher is better than ABP. Not free, but it's really good. (Non-free software I have: AdMuncher, mIRC, coreAVC, Windows, MS Office)

Admuncher is better than ABP. Not free, but it's really good. (Non-free software I have: AdMuncher, mIRC, coreAVC, Windows, MS Office)
User reviews of AdMuncher is not so favorable, you don't agree on any of the complaints (mainly bad customer service)?

AdMuncher user reviews.

First I thought I should maybe buy it, but I'm not so sure now.

User reviews of AdMuncher is not so favorable, you don't agree on any of the complaints (mainly bad customer service)?

AdMuncher user reviews.

First I thought I should maybe buy it, but I'm not so sure now.

The user reviews look pretty good to me, overall.

Customer service has been fine for me, only time I've contacted has been when admuncher broke stuff on sites I visited, received relatively fast responses saying either it would be fixed in the next filter update or a custom filter to apply.

I block ads because there had been reports of viruses in these ads. I am willing to put up with an occasional annoyance or two, but not with a chance of being infected.

I tend to block ads and despite that I experienced a lag in the loading of the forum lately. I did some experiments with blocking scripts and I found the culprit: a link to http://www.booklandonline.info/icons/icons.php takes too much time to load which in returns renders the forum menu's unavailable until it loads. Now that I blocked said script/link everything is back to normal.

Spoiler :

Is this allowed?
I've just had this on my laptop. Sorry, I usually let ads on this site but I don't want this sort of thing. I refuse to allow anything that takesover like that. I'll be blocking everthing now. Allowing this type of ad is counterproductive.

Reminds me of the ads for QT Mafia threads. Find Sippin' Turnip Juice in a city near you! :lol:

I see what people not using ad-block have to put up with...

So I wonder why is it so difficult to make the supplier of ads follow the rules? Someone isn't doing their job, I don't know who they are or where they are, but ad problems occurs frequently on this site.

If the ad server was a member breaking the rules this often, (s)he would have been permabanned long ago.

I put up with ads to give the site income, so you can enjoy the site without them. :gripe:

Today I went to My Account and a window-with noise-slid in, advertising something (I wasn't paying much attention :p)
Pic attacthed.

Attachments

• Screen shot 2012-05-23 at 7.32.00 PM.png
    Screen shot 2012-05-23 at 7.32.00 PM.png
    490.2 KB · Views: 118
Use Adblock Plus.

YEEEEEEAAAAAAHHH! I beat everyone else to it! :goodjob:

We've been getting them as of late.

As well as this every 20 or so pages
Spoiler :

I am also getting the video pop ups as well
Spoiler :

I put up with ads to give the site income, so you can enjoy the site without them. :gripe:

Taking one for the team, :salute:

@Turquoiside, that is goggle ads just using the title of the thread to get a relevant ad. That was absolutely funny though.

I would rather the site doesn't die.

Top Bottom