The Civ Atlas: BNW Civs, City-States and Wonders on maps

That's gonna be incredibly messy. Ottomans and Byzantines already share that spot. Also, the Celtic city-list doesn't have any Galatian cities.

Absolutely. That's why our esteemed cartographer is sticking to the primary areas of influence, not maximum extents. I was just pointing out that Celts in Turkey were not ridiculous.

Absolutely. That's why our esteemed cartographer is sticking to the primary areas of influence, not maximum extents. I was just pointing out that Celts in Turkey were not ridiculous.

I stand corrected then

Great maps.

Common sense says Majapahit/Indonesia, Australia, Sth Africa/Zulu, Moors, Kongo, Argentina, a western Nth American Native civ should all be shortlisted based on the huge gaps in the map.

One quick question: did you create the world map template from scratch or did you get it somewhere?

This is really neat, there are many of the city states I actually didn't know where were located. The maps are awfully huge, though.

It's also missing Montenegro and Kosovo, and probably has a few others inaccuracies and anachronisms.

I've noticed that there doesn't seem to be any Hawaii (unless maybe Hawaii is off the end of the map within the Polynesian "triangle"). Overall, though, this is a nice at-a-glance reference for the relative locations of the various civs in the real world.

Edit: Oddly enough, I think I saw a TV program use this template (or one like it) recently. Somehow when they cropped the image to highlight their area of interest (the Western Hemisphere), they managed to entirely erase South America. There was just a big blue emptiness below Central America. It was fairly comical and a bit disconcerting.

I've noticed that there doesn't seem to be any Hawaii (unless maybe Hawaii is off the end of the map within the Polynesian "triangle"). Overall, though, this is a nice at-a-glance reference for the relative locations of the various civs in the real world.

It's interesting how Russia's Far East is more "western" than Australia in this map. I think that's why they left Hawaii out.

Portugal, the Zulus, Bratislava and Panama City included.

Unfortunately the only BNW civ symbol available in a decent resolution is the Brazilian one... So I'm going with those small placeholders for now.

We just confirmed Mbanza-Kongo as a city state as well. Thanks for updating your map, really dig it.

The Capital of Kongo is also in

I always wonder what would happen if Denmark and the Zulu are next to each other? It would be rather difficult to tell them apart on the minimap.

Uh? Don't see why... :confused:
One has a brown background, the other has a white background - they are complete opposites (if not even the inverse of one another, but I think the Zulu's background is lighter than Denmark's foreground) - They are going to be easily distinguishable, just as much as, say, Persia and Siam!

The real question is - what would happen if Denmark and the Zulu are next to each other? Who would win? :lol:

Actually, the Zulu icon has a whitish shield in the middle and has a brown background.

No, it's a (brownish) white background and a brown icon. Actually, that icon is rather confusing, but the Zulu's lands are white in the minimap.

However, in my map I used brown and not white to contrast with the blank area. I did the same for Portugal and Japan.

It might be fun to make a pink & blue map to show the geographical distribution of land by the gender of the leader. With Catherine and Wu, the world might be surprisingly pink.

Top Bottom