Alexander, WHY?

TVA22

King
Why is every leader in my game named Alexander? I didn't do anything!!! It even says "?alexander of the ?" when I choose random. tell me this is some sort of evil easter egg..... it's a modded game I'm trying to play on, but I know how to change leader names, and titles, in the editor menu, and in the player properties... it's so disturbing to see Catherine the Great named Alexander, not to mention Tokugawa

I don't know what to tell you, man. I guess your computer's broken. Maybe you should get a new one.

haha, damn, I'm getting a dell...

The leader names are written under "Civilizations" in the editor. Though I think its a bug, since I cant imagine any mod would want to change all names to Alexander.

indeed, and I've got all the leader names set up correctly in the editor, under 'civilizations.'

Did you play a random civ game earlier and change the name to Alexander by clicking on the "? of the ?" underneath the leaderhead?

No, and I've discovered a bug, I'm pretty sure, because I fixed it today.

If you uncheck the 'civilization defaults' box, and (not sure) give the civs each some techs, I think for some reason this causes this problem. I had done so, and decided to see if that could possibly have anything to do with it, so I tested it, and my game worked fine so long as that box remains checked.

I would suggest that you update your modem. Like, maybe you can upload a patch to fix it or something. Sometimes I kick it when it starts screwing up, and that used to work, but now I don't do that anymore because I hurt my foot. So yeah, kick it around a few times and upload a patch for your modem or monitor. That should do the trick.

Moderator Action: Try to keep your posts on the topic. Your post has nothing to do with the thread starter's question, and isn't even the right fix, even if you were joking about it. Giving false info is against the forum rules.
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

What type of mod is it? I don't remember the extensions but Civ 3, PTW and Conquests have all used differant extensions and I know from experience that if you use a Civ or PTW mod with Conquests lots of weird things can happen.

This could be the case.

Kyle

its a mod made from scratch with the conquests editor.
and Haethurn... what can I say, you're either totally insane, or a jerk, or very sarcastic, which I must tell you doesnt come through too well in online forums. probalby you're just insane in a funny sort of way, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.

Originally posted by Haethurn
I would suggest that you update your modem. Like, maybe you can upload a patch to fix it or something. Sometimes I kick it when it starts screwing up, and that used to work, but now I don't do that anymore because I hurt my foot. So yeah, kick it around a few times and upload a patch for your modem or monitor. That should do the trick.
:eek:
What does the modem have to do with SinglePlayer civ? :crazyeye:

Sounds like a real buggy thing if you ask me.

I got 3 Copernicuses in a row when playing Germany, but that is abit different I guess...

Originally posted by Yoda Power
The leader names are written under "Civilizations" in the editor. Though I think its a bug, since I cant imagine any mod would want to change all names to Alexander.

maybe sum guy named Alexander himself :)

Tavenier, I don't know what to tell you, I just know that it only affected that one mod for me, and I managed to fix it by playing around in the editor... sorry... I'm sure it's a bug, and hopefully they'll fix it

Well, I hope they'll fix it. Only strange no one else has this problem.

Hey, this is my post number 100!
:)

Yep. I think it's a bug.
Try this:
go to the editor
in the Player Properties dialog
set the player name/ leader name to blank
I've heard that if you change what's in this name it will be set for all the civs

Top Bottom