Stealth Bomber?

Alex_K

Chieftain
Playing China, despite being all but thru with the tech chart and having every type of resource I am still not able to build Stealth Bombers. Is it a Unique Unit that only the Americans get or something? If so it would be nice if that was mentioned more obviously. I didn't build some regular Bombers because it was only going to be a short wait to get Stealth Bombers...well they are grayed out and can't be built. Mildly annoying.

or possibly don't have any aluminum... suggest you trade for some with another AI civ, or bribe a CS for some.

Well it's definitely NOT restricted to the americans. I've never once played as them but have used SBs.

Do you have your cities stuffed with fighters? IDK for sure, but I imagine that there is some sort of cap on allowed air force per city.

Forgive me for asking this dumb question, but in this sort of situation one has to, but are you sure that you are in the production menu of the city, and not the purchasing menu?

Failing that, can you describe your situation a little more clearly?

When you hover your mouse over the greyed out Stealth Bombers, what does it say? I remember there was a bug that prevented you from building them (it said "Special type unit cannot be built" or something like that when you hovered your mouse over it), but i recall it being fixed in one of the patches.

i have never encountered this before. I can build them just fine, and they make endgame wars so easy. :D

i have never encountered this before. I can build them just fine, and they make endgame wars so easy. :D

yeah all you need is one infantry (reg or mech) and like 5 stealth bombers and you can easily conquer any civ without a lot of anti-aircraft

Yep, in the production menu it says "Special unit type may not be built"

I thought that with Steam we got the patches automatically?

The one strategic resource I have no extra of is coal.

More info: Game started many months ago with maxed size of map and length of game.

This just sounds buggy, Alex. A stealth bomber isn't a "special unit".

Have you been editing the XML files? Might have a typo or some such.

Yep, in the production menu it says "Special unit type may not be built"

I thought that with Steam we got the patches automatically?

The one strategic resource I have no extra of is coal.

More info: Game started many months ago with maxed size of map and length of game.

I've heard of this before as the last patch changed how SBs got promotions, it messed up cross-patch games. In this case they could upgrade bombers to SBs but not build new ones. Maybe this is the same in your case.

Upgraded just fine...maybe too fine. I think it may have upgraded ALL (not just one) the bombers and put a serious crimp in my aluminum supply.

Didn't matter, won a science victory shortly afterwards...none of the other civilizations attacked despite my being close to both a cultural and science victory as I had a powerful navy and invasion force hanging off their coasts. After upgrades my military was 4 x as powerful as the next most powerful.

Top Bottom