Problem: Culture Border of City doesn't expand

Klausmojo

Chieftain
Hi folks,

i've got a little problem. I play a WWII Szenario with C3C with the no unit limit patch ( http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=327919) an if i capture a city the culture border of the city collapse as usual.

After the resistance is broken and the people are all content or happy i've purchased a Temple and a Library. So in the culture collection bar or the city displayed f.ex.: 3 culture per turn (10 to culture border expansion). So give the city 10 turns or more but the culture collection bar did not get filled up as usual!!! Why? Is this because i'm in wartime mobilization? It is like the culture collection bar is frozen. The Problem exists in all my citys, from start of the scenario. Is this a known problem? Is there a solution?

thank your for your assistance!
Klausmojo

What government are you using? Because under Fascism (at least in the base game, not sure about the Scenarios), you don't get any cultural expansion from a captured city until your Civ's citizens outnumber the 'foreigners'. So if e.g. you've got a Pop12 town of all foreigners, you won't get any cultural expansion until that town reaches at least Pop24, no matter how many cultural buildings you build.

One way to get round that would be to turn (most of) the foreign population into slave-Workers, and then re-populate the town with your citizens, either through natural growth (slow but cheap) or by joining native Workers/ Settlers (quicker but more expensive). Whip-rushing the culture-buildings would of course reduce the number of foreigners, but would make the remainder very unhappy with you as well...

Top Bottom