Hulfgar's Modpack

If there is some specific testing you'd like to be done, just post it here, me and others (I guess) will be glad to help you out so this great modpack can continue. :)

Thanks for the offer Knecht Ruprecht, any help is welcome !

I have reworked the Embarkation add on.
Version 2 is working and available for download (see the 1. post of this thread of from here.

All land units can now be loaded on the transport ships. Exception for the great people. I hope to find a workaround for them.
You can use and test this modmod with ver 9.2 of my main mod.

If you want you can adapt it to any mod, just open the file "Unit_Updates_Embarkation.sql" and delete all entries below those lines
Code:
-- Hulfgars Modpack specific units :
-- Remove the lines below to use with any other mod or the vanilla Civ5

Now that this part is done I will look into the main mod !

Hi all,

does anybody have problem loading saved games with ver. 9.2 ?

This version was working fine but now I can't load saved games anymore; So I begin to fear that the problem is outside the mod, which would be a very bad news!

Buildings that can be built but not bought:

Lumberjacks Hut
Oil Refinery

Wonders that can be bought or built

Holy War
Ministry of Finance

Invisible Strategic View Units

Militia
Explorer
Marine

This is just a quick list but the new airplanes are also invisible and i think dragoons might be but im not certain.

Thanks Thadian, I will work on this.

I should be able to correct this and just put the files to download as updates.

Hulfgar,

Very enjoyable mod; the best I've played yet! Have experienced zero crashes or any significant bugs.

I came across two issues:
-Nuclear subs can hold B-17's
-Mass Media tech available after obtaining Radio (so don't need Aerial warfare, etc.) Bug?

I'm presently playing America, in the future era. Vers 9.2

Game is amazingly balanced. I'm curious to know if you tweaked the income/ upkeep unit cost significantly from the vanilla. I like having a limited military regardless of acquiring new cities. Requires much more strategy when expanding globally.

You seem quite accommodating to requests, so how about buffing China?

Is it just me? China always gets there ass handed to them.

Hulfgar, I'm still coming to terms with all the various new buildings etc.

I do have a query about the lumberjacks hut. I understand it delivers wood to the city.

Is there a need to have a sawmill within the cities radius? I would have thought there was a nexus- you need a sawmill to get the lumberjacks hut and then you require the timber to progress to a charcoal burners hut.

Cheers

Hello Bslade,

-Nuclear subs can hold B-17's
-Mass Media tech available after obtaining Radio (so don't need Aerial warfare, etc.) Bug?
For the B-17's yes it's a bug or more probably something that I forgot to change, I will check this.
For the Mass Media tech it's ok, Aerial warfare was not planned as a prereq, it's just on the path in the tech tree.
I'm curious to know if you tweaked the income/ upkeep unit cost significantly from the vanilla.
The only thing that I changed regarding unit cost was some extra maintenance cost for some very specific units (high tech units like nuclear subs and weapons or special units like spec forces).

You seem quite accommodating to requests, so how about buffing China?
Sure, do you have some precise idea on how it could be done and for which era ?

Hi Cicerosaurus,

there is no improvement or feature prereq for the lumberjack's hut.

I hate this (I wanted to bind it to forest or jungle tiles) but it cannot be done at this time. This would require the DLL as I heard.
So right now you can build the lumberjack's hut anywhere, even if your city is lost in the desert.
I have tried to add timber as a resource on the map but the result was not very happy :(

By the way you 2 have no problems with saved game ?

Hulfgar, I have no problem with loading saved games. I am using your version 9.2(?)- the one I uploaded a few days back. I understand that you released a newer version a few days later but I have not graduated to that yet.

I've never experienced save game issues with your mod or vanilla.

buffing China?

I have yet to try modding. I was assuming (probably incorrectly) enhancing a civ would be easy. I wouldn't want you to waste your time on this, so may look into it myself. China is most always dead in my games by the modern era. I'm thinking they just need a bit of a cash or unit production boost. Easier said then done...

First off i love the mod keep up the great work! but just a suggestion isn't it a bit imbalanced tec progression wise to have mechinised infantry still discoverable in its vanilla position on the tec tree? it just seems that with the way that, for example with the way your tanks progress you'd be better off moving it further down the tree.:think:

Thanks for all those feedbacks,

just to keep you posted : I am quite busy at work so the next version will not come out until the end of next week.
I have begun to rebuild the mod because of the saved game issues.

Homeless Rebel you're right : the mech infantry needs to be moved on the tech tree.
I plan to make it available at about the same time as the modern armor unit.

Bslade I see what you mean. I will have a look at China when I have again a working version of the mod :)

By the way : did somebody test/use the embarkation mod as it is ?

For some reason I get the mod installed and enabled and try to launch a game and it just crashes my game.. Any clue to as why?

Hello ap3xth30ry,

do you have other mods installed?
which version of my mod did you installed?
which optional DLC do you have?

Hulfgar, I'm enjoying playing your mod.

A couple of points I have noted.

I play with raging barbarians. I note that now they "rage" far more- they are a challenge. It is great- no longer just shooting fish in a barrel.

There are some glitches with the flow through of technologies. I haven't noted them all but a couple I have noted- at some stage I can't build ships of the line or frigates but can't yet get destroyers. I can also build nuclear carriers before ordinary carriers. Nothing major- just a couple I have seen.

With he AI- has it been made more peace loving? I have been playing on Prince and I can't provoke the AI to declare war. I have even started games with Monty as the neighbour and I can steal his land, denounce him and he still won't fight! Have I just become lucky?

Thanks for all your work.

And next question (before I forget).

Why can I build the aircraft factory only in certain cities?

I have sufficient aluminium, and the cities have the same base buildings- yet in some I can construct the Aircraft factories and others not (in the same turn).

I thought initially it may be proximity of mountains but this does not seem to be the case.

I have just posted a patch for ver 9.2 in the first post of this thread.

Just unzip the 3 files and overwrite the old ones (but backup them first in case of...).
This patch is probably not compatible with saved games.

Changes in NewBuildings.xml :
Aircraft Factory : the flat land restriction has been removed, maintenance up to 3 Gold
Oil Refinery : the flat land restriction has been removed, maintenance up to 3 Gold, will produce 3 diesel and 3 kerosene (+1)
Airbase : the flat land restriction has been removed, requires 1 kerosene (to refuel the trainings planes!).
Harbor : +1 Gold per Sea plot
Seaport : +1 Production per Sea plot
Watersport resort : +1 Gold per Sea plot (instead of 1 per Sea resource)

Changes in NewBuildingsText.xml :
update of the textes to reflect the changes in NewBuildings.xml

Changes in Ships.xml :
Obsoletes tech for Frigate updated to Dreadnought.
Obsoletes tech for Ship of the Line updated to Steam Power.
The Ship of the Line will upgrade to Ironclad.
The Ironclad will upgrade to Dreadnought.
Removed the Ocean impassable promotion for the Ironclad

This should solve some of the major issues, for the nuclear carrier and the mech infantry I will look into this next week while rebuilding the mod.
If something doesn't work please don't hesitate to report it.

I play with raging barbarians. I note that now they "rage" far more- they are a challenge. It is great- no longer just shooting fish in a barrel.
This credit goes to the Barbarians! mod from Mentos that I have included in mine.

With he AI- has it been made more peace loving? I have been playing on Prince and I can't provoke the AI to declare war. I have even started games with Monty as the neighbour and I can steal his land, denounce him and he still won't fight! Have I just become lucky?
I would say you where lucky because I didn't tweak the AI and I removed the diplo part of WWGD because of compatibility problems :)

Hello ap3xth30ry,

do you have other mods installed?
which version of my mod did you installed?
which optional DLC do you have?

Ok I got it fixed. Just had to update from the first version to a newer one. But now it loads a game but doesnt show any techs or anything. I cant set production or none of that.

No other mods installed and i have 9.2

Hello ap3xth30ry,

do you have some optional contents/DLC ? the vikings or Korea for example.

Top Bottom