Comparing World Wonders: New Chart

I want SETI program back:cry:

I also support the idea of including a few unique national wonders to each civ. Make a good solid core of truly great wonders from around the world, which can be available to everybody, and then give each civ one or two unique wonders all to themselves for flavor--sort of like a couple extra minor unique abilities, but you would have to earn them/build them in order to harness their benefits.

That way more wonders can be included for flavor without spamming the game with lesser wonders.

So for example, Egypt could have the Temple at Karnak and/or the Valley of the Kings, the Arabs could have the Dome of the Rock, the Chinese the Temple of Heaven, Babylon the Ishtar Gate, and so forth.

I also support the idea of including a few unique national wonders to each civ. Make a good solid core of truly great wonders from around the world, which can be available to everybody, and then give each civ one or two unique wonders all to themselves for flavor--sort of like a couple extra minor unique abilities, but you would have to earn them/build them in order to harness their benefits.

That way more wonders can be included for flavor without spamming the game with lesser wonders.

So for example, Egypt could have the Temple at Karnak and/or the Valley of the Kings, the Arabs could have the Dome of the Rock, the Chinese the Temple of Heaven, Babylon the Ishtar Gate, and so forth.

They could just be national wonders with a twist for every civ.

I like the unique wonders idea. One or two for each civ.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kokino

very little is known about this place as it was discovered less than 10 years ago (its carved out from a mountain), still its pretty awesome, sun rising on specific dates shines through markers carved out inside a mountain shines onto the second throne from the left. It also has a central area where all the markers align, for the sun, the moon, stars, etc.

overview
Spoiler :

thrones
Spoiler :

Markers (just a few of them, there are a lot, and I mean a lot of markers)
Spoiler :

sun shining through a marker
Spoiler :

moon shining through a marker
Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

The Pantheon might be appropriate. :)

Just don't get it confused with the Parthenon.

From the top of my head:
Greece: Statue of Zeus/Parthenon
Egypt: The Sphinx
England: British Museum/London Eye/London Bridge
Spain: I can't think of any, but probably one of their cathedrals
Russia: Transcontinental railroad
France: Arc de Triomphe
America: Mount Rushmore/Empire State Building/Golden Gate Bridge
Babylon: Hammurabi's Steele
India: A Buddha statue maybe?

Chateau de Versailles not in Civ V is quite strange...

Why not:

the Oosterscheldekering (river and/or seaside only - bonus to prod or food production?)
the Channel Tunnel (must be build jointly by two closed cities on two different island - creates a road between them)

Top Bottom