Le Blob in Civ - Frenchie's beating up Europe again!

:bump:

I have a question about EU III. How do you explore territories? (as in I am playing as Ming and I want to send some people to Europe to open new trade routes. However the stupid white territories wont let me, how can I explore them.)

You need the national Idea "Quest for the New World" so you can recruit explorers pro explore the sea (and the coast). but you'll need 1 colonist to each explorer ;)

(Ming sucks! play ryukyu instead! (no i never played ryukyu because i like european countries...well, unless i play Brazil or Japan)

but playing Byzantium is much nicer, best civ to play, byzantium is pure fun!

Ming is kinda underplayed.

They held 45-60% of the worlds GDP from 1400-1650, so I think they should be much more powerful then they are in the game. I hope they fixed that in Divine Wind.

I think there might be a bug in my game though, as when ever I play a battle, I can never roll above a 3, while my enemy can roll up to a 9.

Try clearing your map cache (EUIII main folder -> map -> cache ; delete everything inside the cache)
anyway, i play divine wind, but i never played ming in any version, so idk anything about them. just that they sometimes almost reach Russia after crushing the hordes... unless they collapse, oh, there is also the faction thingy in Ming.
about their economy, i'm quite sure it is massively strong, if they westernize they become a monster

and where is our update?!?

1) You'll need a better war score. If you've occupied every territory, it's probably because they're too powerful to annex completely and you can only take a couple territories.

I like to enter Royal Marriages with small nations and vassalize them. It opens up the ability to annex them peacefully after ten years. Catch is that you need a score of 190 on your relations with that nation and if you fail in the request, you'll lose relations (just like failing to acquire their vassalization). I've done this with Korea & Kyoto before to great success.

2) You gain core on territories after holding them for 50 years. There are a couple other ways to acquire them as well but I can't think of them off the top of my head.

I play Ming in EUIII as well, and they've been nerfed to an extent in DW by the new faction changes. But if you're still serious about playing them, read this; this guy is playing on Very Hard and dominating with Ming: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum...-Yin-Yang-and-the-ugly-a-Divine-Wind-Ming-AAR

1) You'll need a better war score. If you've occupied every territory, it's probably because they're too powerful to annex completely and you can only take a couple territories.
My war score is 100, how much do I need?

I play Ming in EUIII as well, and they've been nerfed to an extent in DW by the new faction changes. But if you're still serious about playing them, read this; this guy is playing on Very Hard and dominating with Ming: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...-Wind-Ming-AAR
Thank you

you guys do know there is the "other games" subforum to post EUIII stuff?

So much EUIII talk.

i tried the demo of the game and its really slow! i played for 2 years as Portugal and got nowhere :(

i tried the demo of the game and its really slow! i played for 2 years as Portugal and got nowhere :(

You can change the speed and difficulty!
either way, this story is on hiatus until the thing loads. Thus, I will start a new story: Morgenrot.

Top Bottom