Buffy Mod and Win 8

PeeDub

Warlord
Hey folks,

I've been away for a long time, and looking to try and play some of the GOTM saves. However, I can't get the Buffy mod to load on my Win 8 machine. I've followed the instructions here:
http://hof.civfanatics.net/civ4/mod.php?show=vista
but I still get this error window showing up when I try to load the mod:

I realize this may have been discussed before, but I can't seem to find it. If anyone can give me a pointer, I'd much appreciate it.

Thanks!

Right click on the Civ icon and choose properties. Under the Compatibility tab, choose Advanced, and select "Run as Administrator for all users".

(That's how it works in Windows 7, I assume it's the same in Win 8, if they haven't messed that up, too. :rolleyes: )

BUFFY needs admin privileges to be able to write to the protected folders and save data. Having the Administrator account is not enough, you also have to run the game as Administrator for it to work.

Assuming that you didn't install BUFFY to Custom Assets, it needs to write to the \Mods folder of BTS. If you installed BTS into "Program Files (x86)", then that is a protected folder and needs Admin privileges in order to write there.

Top Bottom