Support Section on Official Civ4 Site & Patch Download

welcome to cfc :band:

delete the following file - then restart the computer and install the game again and patch it then install this:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...38-db71-4c1b-bc6a-9b6652cd92a3&DisplayLang=en
this is what microsoft tried to tell you - you should not have uninstalled the game...

Delete "...\Program Files\InstallShield Installation Information\{CFBCE791-2D53-4FCE-B3FB-D6E01F4112E8}"
(note: InstallShield Installation Information is a hidden directory so you need to configure windows explorer to show hidden files).

is there a generic activation code available for patch 1.74, I have installed the patch and it is requesting that I re-activate and I'm not willing to waste one of my own re-activations and I don't feel that I should have to

xo

I downloaded the patch and went to install it but refuse to waste one of my re-activations. So I went to carry on with my day and just play as I have done without the patch and now it says that Civ4 is not installed at all and I will have to reinstall and waste a re-activation on a program that is already meant to be there!!!

HELP PLEASE!!

xo

Thanks for the welcome message.

It is telling me that I have to renew my license. I'm not sure why I have only just been prompted to install patch 1.74 as well. I have played multiplayer games for a long time now and this message has only appeared today. I was prevented from playing a game because apparently I didn't have the patch installed so I downloaded it and upon opening the .exe file it is requesting that I renew my license and enter my activation code . . . ?

Yes it is a digital version, I have read some of the other threads on this particular issue but I cannot find a downloadable version of patch 1.74 on the Trymedia website. This is what has been recommended in other threads to rectify this error.

If you have a link available then I would appreciate your help.

Hello, I'm sorry if this is and old problem, but:
I can't install the patch 1.74. The installer gives the following error:
String OBJ_STATUS_DISKSPACE_SPACE was not found in string table.

And if I try to continue anyway:
Feature transfer error
Feature: DefaultFeature
Component:
File:
Error: Catastrophic failure

I have the dvd version of the game and the current version is 1.61. OS is Vista. No expansions installed. I tried to dl the patch from both the game and internet, both gave the same errors.

I recently had a major hardware problem and so needed to re-install Civ IV

I reinstalled Civ IV and the latest patches, Warlords and the latest patches and then BTS.

I have gone to the main intro screen for BTS and 'Check for updates' - it looks as if it is downloading the patch - when I click on anything on the screen I get a 'Patch in progress' message. I've left it for some time but it never seems to complete

I have tried this bout 3 or 4 times now and the patch download never completes. My internet connection is fine

Is there an alternative way for me to download the latest patch so that I can at least check the progress of the download as I cannot tell how much of the patch (if any ) has downloaded.

Thanks

Sorry for the delay of this reply! I tried to download 1.74 patch from this site, but it gives me the same exact errors as mentioned in my previous post..

There is over 400GB on the drive with the installer, and over 20GB on the drive with my documents.

Hi,

I have recently purchased BTS, and have it installed along with my original Civ4. I have got patch 1.61 & 1.74 installed already.

I downloaded the 3.17 patch, but when I execute the exe. file, an error message appears stating that "The setup has detected that no version of Civ4 BTS is installed. This update requires that previous version of application be installed"

What can I do to successfully execute the BTS 3.17 patch? I really appreciate any help on this as it is very frustrating, thank you!

Cheers,

Top Bottom