Stack Attack

abuaftab

Warlord
How does it actually work? I think that I have seen the AI do it before but only when attacking a city.

The game option? Its a rapid way of performing a series of attacks in a row. It does not increase your odds of winning - the units attack in order of their chance of winning; the first unit to attack is the unit with the best odds of winning, the second unit to attack is the unit with the best odds of winning after the first unit's attack. It speeds things up but you lose out control of who attacks - you don't get to throw fodder at the defending stack before your stronger units attack, you don't get to abort the stack mid way through.

If you are interested in more realistic stack attack, abuaftab, you might want to check out Dale's combat mod, which has a more combined-arms approach to stack attacks, where units fight as one against the enemy.

Dale's is a good mod, except for the problem with any stack attack, and that is you click a button and *poof* combat is over - you don't get to see the units fight. It's liking ordering a steak dinner and having it go straight into your stomach without chewing. Combat is the exciting part compared to all the tedious city building and managing. It's a special event and I like seeing the units fight. My 2 cents worth.

Top Bottom