MilarNES: Birth of A Civilization

from the King of Rome.

to the tribes of Milan:
We would welcome trade ad prosperity with people who are so close to us. Brothers should after all stick together.

to the Kingdom of Helen:
We are the Romans and we are strong. We do not wish for wars unless threatened. While we feel threatened by your holdings in our territory we will allow those to exist in return for peace and trade among us. Do the Helenes agree?

@Flavius Aetius: it has been corrected.
@Charles Li: the 1st diplomacy ever! I am impressed!
@Crezth: the creator of the first NES I played for a lot of time playing in my NES! :D:D:D I'd rather that you chose one of the NPCs, however, after considering your arguments, it is OK. Let's see what you can do in here!
@Immaculate: The most likely chance for you would be the Damietta. And about your question, yes, you are.
@Abaddon: if you want to get culture, you should get Writing before anyone else, otherwise you will have to wait till Drama. You can still get Pyramids, it'll just be very hard.

Shanjuó will rise however!

You have a list at the start, those who are NPCs are free. The Guanches, the Japanese, the Russians (Idyll), the Britannian Republic, the Nootka and the Chibchan are free. Seri are already picked, so sorry for that.

Seri Orders send.

Side note; I've wanted do some stories this for while now but I currently not feeling very inspired so I haven't be able to coming up with any good stories. I try to write something before next update but I'm not guarantee thing.(At least I should have Stonehenge for some culture)

Good god, you guys are so easy to get a rise out of haha.. The mod could have simply said "no" and that would have been it. I am disapointed in everyone for making this a personal event.

Especially disapointed in the mod. Where does name calling get anyone? I was going to join regardless, but after this, how can I?

Maybe everyone should calm down. It's a god-damn game.

I havn't been damning any gods :shifty:

Good god, you guys are so easy to get a rise out of haha.. The mod could have simply said "no" and that would have been it. I am disapointed in everyone for making this a personal event.

Especially disapointed in the mod. Where does name calling get anyone? I was going to join regardless, but after this, how can I?

The "plainly stupid" comment was about your decision - which we thought was genuine - not you as a person. Also, next time just join, don't argue and complain just because of a name.

Milarqui said:
Amon Savag was about to come back, but he decided that he didn't want to join the game just because I changed the name.

To recap: you pick on Amon for having an OOC name and use mod judgment to change it. No problem. But then for consistency you really ought to remove all the anachronisms in your 'fresh start' like the civilization names, Babylonia, Nippon, Gaulic, Hellenium, Rome, Pictland, Milan, Britannian, Sarawak, Darwinia Ultima and Inca.

Now some people like pseudo-history and will recycle historical civilizations and trade on that group’s historical abilities. This helps explain why there is a preponderance of "I R SPARTA, 300 LULZ" in NESing (it happens just about every other NES). Now just because someone borrows the name of a historical group, writes poor stories and claims to be able to do things similar to that civilization doesn't mean they can but whatever. That floats some people's boat. Some people like to create their own civilizations every fresh start (like me) and work at them. Some people don't. But whatever.

Now some people don't pseudo-historical states which are as historical as McDonald's in the Middle Ages. They choose to buck the trend and engage in one-up-man-ship and might play somenthing ridiculous like say a SNES state or might just decide to pull the piss and do whatever. That's entirely valid, because whichever way you look at it both options are absurd.

Milarqui said:
Plainly stupid

Which now brings me to the key point. If both options are absurd and the only difference is the degree of absurdity then why exactly are you calling someone’s actions 'stupid'?

A case of the pot calling the kettle black?

To recap: you pick on Amon for having an OOC name and use mod judgment to change it. No problem. But then for consistency you really ought to remove all the anachronisms in your 'fresh start' like the civilization names, Babylonia, Nippon, Gaulic, Hellenium, Rome, Pictland, Milan, Britannian, Sarawak, Darwinia Ultima and Inca.

Now some people like pseudo-history and will recycle historical civilizations and trade on that group’s historical abilities. This helps explain why there is a preponderance of "I R SPARTA, 300 LULZ" in NESing (it happens just about every other NES). Now just because someone borrows the name of a historical group, writes poor stories and claims to be able to do things similar to that civilization doesn't mean they can but whatever. That floats some people's boat. Some people like to create their own civilizations every fresh start (like me) and work at them. Some people don't. But whatever.

Now some people don't pseudo-historical states which are as historical as McDonald's in the Middle Ages. They choose to buck the trend and engage in one-up-man-ship and might play somenthing ridiculous like say a SNES state or might just decide to pull the piss and do whatever. That's entirely valid, because whichever way you look at it both options are absurd.

Which now brings me to the key point. If both options are absurd and the only difference is the degree of absurdity then why exactly are you calling someone’s actions 'stupid'?

A case of the pot calling the kettle black?
It is not Historicity that we are looking for. But Normality. King Bowser is not normality. Neither is Darwin Ultima - but the MOD only changes names once the country if NPC'ed from lack of a player.

erez87 said:
It is not Historicity that we are looking for. But Normality. King Bowser is not normality. Neither is Darwin Ultima - but the MOD only changes names once the country if NPC'ed from lack of a player.

What is normal about Babylonia, Nippon, Gaulic, Hellenium, Rome, Pictland, Milan, Britannian, Sarawak, Darwinia Ultima and Inca? All either historical or psuedo-historical names popping up in a 'fresh start' where the canvas should be blank by definition? Or should we take to grading 'fresh starts' on their relative freshness, a 'stale start', a 'recycled start', 'something akin to fresh but not really start?'

'King Bowser' also must have a degree of normality given that there's a town called Bowser in British Columbia and six people in Wikipedia sharing the last-name Bowser. Admittedly my last name has closer to 30 but that's small fry compared to some other names I just went and looked up... so maybe by definition my name isn't normal? I should also say my last name is probably ‘silly’ given that I share it with a well known day.

It’s also instructive to note that Bowser is just the English name of King Koopa who in Japan is apparently known as Daimaō Kuppa which means ‘great demon king Koopa’ where Koopa is apparently some sort of Korean dish. Bowser would therefore seem to be just a poor transliteration or translation or whatever of a cooler Japanese original.

erez87 said:
You can easily make up a culture instead of a normal one. But king bowzere is not a made up culture... its just plain silly.

Just thought I'd pull up this... Kingdom of Rome of the totally made up culture!

Milarqui said:
You could equally have Emperor Miyamoto to take over the world with his army of ninjas and the help of exiled Roman General Mario.

It also doesn't help that the mod broke the whole 'normalcy' thing by I don't know by bringing in an Italian Mario and the creator of King Koopa and Mario into the mix straight after?

Top Bottom