Does the Steam achievements continue after changing PCs?

Blanchflower

Prince
OK, I have a question to ask with regards to the Steam achievements where you need to build 1,000 roads, purchase 1,000 tiles, etc. If I buy a new PC now (I clocked over 100 hours of Civilization gameplay), does the Steam achievements continue with playing the game on the new PC?

For example, if I have already bought 800 tiles, (I need 200 more) and start playing the game on my new PC, do I have to start all over again in purchasing 1,000 tiles or I need to only purchase 200 more tiles for the achievement to take effect?

Does anyone know the answer to this?

Thanks!

:eek:

Steam achievements are attached to your account, not your computer.

Steam achievements are attached to your account, not your computer.

;)

(unless you were playing in offline mode, then you probably should play for once on the old computer in online mode, so steam can register your achievement progress.)

I know but what if I buy 800 tiles and decide to play the game on my new PC? Must I buy 1,000 tiles again or just 200?

:confused:

That is because Firaxis' developers forgot to use the process system that Steam Achievements support. So to answer your question; that is per installation. Although, in the expansion there is one about demanding tribute from city states, which makes use of the process system, so here you can easily change PC to continue that process.

That is because Firaxis' developers forgot to use the process system that Steam Achievements support. So to answer your question; that is per installation. Although, in the expansion there is one about demanding tribute from city states, which makes use of the process system, so here you can easily change PC to continue that process.

So it means, I have to start all over again for some achievements, right?

:eek:

ive never looked at it but i always thought that stuff was saved on Steam's servers since it's attached to your account. but since reading Svip's comments im no longer sure. luckily i dont have to change computers any time soon.

Just copy the folder wholesale from one computer to another.

This also has the advantage of not having to wait for it all to download, install and update.

how do you check to see how many tiles you have bought? or temples you have built?

I can confirm that the achievement are linked to your STEAM account, not the computer.

I reinstalled my OS from scratch, re-downloading every single game from steam and such (cant wait to see the bill from my provider), and I got the 1000 forests chopped a few days after.

Top Bottom