The AI can bully with no units?

I've seen this a lot. France was on a large island and there was a small (one tile I think) CS which I had pledged to protect out in the ocean there was about five tiles between there territories. I had units all around and France had nothing near them but I still got repeated messages saying they bullied the CS and what was I gonna do about it?
So it seems like the AI can bully without doing anything.

I'm unaware of this being intentional. Do you have a screenshot to demonstrate just how far away French units must have been? I'm not entirely sure what 'near' means in this context, but I'm fairly sure it has to do with zones, and if French territory was only 5 tiles away, that might have satisfied the requirement.

I'm unaware of this being intentional. Do you have a screenshot to demonstrate just how far away French units must have been? I'm not entirely sure what 'near' means in this context, but I'm fairly sure it has to do with zones, and if French territory was only 5 tiles away, that might have satisfied the requirement.

Yeah looking back at it I guess they weren't so far away. Thinking in terms of land units moving 2 tiles they were but ships are much faster so they were closer relative to their move range. Does seem odd that a CS can be afraid of units outside of there sight range, or when I had the island of France totally surrounded by ships many of them between the them and the CS, but I guess that's just too many factors to consider.

Top Bottom