Anyone else lose focus?

Arksa

Warlord
Sometimes when I play, I start off good and think of a lot of small details but as I press turns away I kinda get lost in the moment and I just keep going faster and faster, often resulting me missing a lot of important popups and other info.

Do you guys have the same sometimes?

in vanilla when the side notifications get to be so many that you have to scroll through them i would just remove them in a hurry without reading. now that CSs in GnK have many more things to benefit from ive gotten in a good habit of only removing the ones that are peace or war related.

im trying to micromanage for the long haul and i only lose sight of it when i load a partially played game a day later and ive forgotten what my goals were for that game. that's why im now trying to play each game from beginning to end in one sitting so i dont do that.

I do it all the time, except when I go for something.

Random games, my mind seems to wander and I lose track now and again.

Maybe I'm just a bad player that enjoy the first 100 turns more than the later game.

I'm usually good for the 1st hour but then it gets worse, propably should take small breaks if I'm doing a long session so that I keep my focus, which is fairly important for me since I just started playing Immortal diff.

I play Civ5 like an RTS game spam clicking everything as soon as it comes up. Only between sessions I actually come up with any decent kind of strategy, by then it's usually 100 turns too late. I think it's quite normal though, just the better players are more familiar with the game so they can make decisions faster and in advance. A lot of those guys with the Deity playthroughs also go pretty fast but they are playing very optimally also.

Probably means you should do something else.

Try playing multiplayer games on GMR, the time between turns has really tightened up my approach and made micro-managing much more appealing.

For the really skilled Civ 5 players, they play the game like professional chess players. Professional chess players must make their move quickly. In fact, i think they are timed for the length of their decision making process. These professional chess players are able to make quick decisions because they have played gazillion games already, so they have already seen the possible patterns that can emerge from the current configuration on the chess board. Expert Civ 5 players are like that. They make quick decisions because they are so familiar with the game, and they have honed their strategy through thousands of hours of playing, so they don't even need to think anymore.

Top Bottom