• Camel archer

Votes: 3 1.9%
  • Maori warrior

• Sipahi

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Worst thing about War Chariots is not so much its combat performance, but the huge FU to promotions!! Like, they get the Barrage/Accuracy promotion tree... and then they upgrade to a Knight/Calvary/Armor :lol::lol:

Worst thing about War Chariots is not so much its combat performance, but the huge FU to promotions!! Like, they get the Barrage/Accuracy promotion tree... and then they upgrade to a Knight/Calvary/Armor :lol::lol:

I don't like ranged UUs for that very reason.

War Chariots. Chariots are already garbage. Unless you happen to start in a flat desert (otherwise you might get forests), they'll get bogged in the terrain and be about as useful as an ordinary archer. The "slowed down by rough terrain" really kills them IMO. Another contender is the Zero, who suffers the same problem as the War Chariot. At least Fighters are much better and I never build them simply because the AI never has that much of an air force, not because they're bad.

At least stuff like the Bowman and the Landsknecht replaces units that you would actually build (Archers, Pikes) and thus have a chance of being used. The Zero and the War Chariot replace units that I already never build because they simply aren't useful. I'm not going out of my way to build them just because they're unique.

Zeroes work more on the fact that, like many units, its just a better replacement for the unit you would build anyway, i find them as useful as fighters, except if i happen to cross and enemy fighter so the better. War chariots are used in certain strategies, such as the hanging gardens rush, if you start in a desert because of spawn bias then its a viable option to build war chariots and tech straight to maths for the population.

Top Bottom