Welcome New Members

Hey everybody.

this is Apostolos from Greece.
I dedicated zillions of hours on CIV 3 and 4.
I just ran Civ5 and started moving along.

I have one major issue. It is ridiculous, I know. You are free to laugh.
I cannot find the button to go to next turn!!!!!
I am still in round 1........(pathetic)
On Civ3-4, there was a hourglass or something.

Please advise
thanks

Hi, i'm also from /r/civ (same name), and i've just won a Diplo Victory as Indonesia in King/Large/Oceania (It's more fun than archipelago imo). The weird thing is that it's my first game of Civ V (although i did play the BNW demo a bunch of times)

I have put thousands of hours of gameplay into Civ 3 over the years, but I am brand new to Civ 5, and this forum. Just bought it with the sale a few days ago and am looking forward to reading and posting.

Right now playing a large earth map with Rome, started in real world China. This whole one unit per tile thing is great.

Brand new to Civ. Love turned based strategy games though. Getting ready to start my 7th game with Greece and go for a diplomatic victory with the help of winning over city states. Love this game. Great forum too. Very informative.

Hello just joined today. I love Civ 5, I have it for mac a regular version & Brave new world version with all the expansions & DLC. Would like to mod my regular version (hope its safe to say that on here) well yeah help a brother out haha.

シビリゼーションファナティックスのフォーラムにようこそ! :)

Moderator Action: You've been around long enough to know that this is an English-language site, and that all posts in other languages need to be accompanied by an English translation.

Here you are: Welcome to Civilization Fanatics center. :$

Got base Civ 5 as a gift from a friend, bought All the expansions and stuff when I got the money to. Always wanted to try the series, never thought I'd like it as much as I do.

Yo!

Greetings, fellow tyrants! Long-time listener, first-time caller. I've gotten many handy Civ V tips from the forums here, and have been following the updates on Beyond Earth. Lately, I'm playing on Emperor and have developed a potentially unhealthy obsession with The Hanging Gardens. Outside of Civ V, I've been watching the World Cup and the 3rd seasons of Sherlock and Luther.

Hello everyone. I've been lurking around in this forum for a few days and I thought that I should go ahead and sign up.

I'm a big fan of Civ 5. I absolutely adore it, although I spent a lot of time playing Civ 3 when I was much younger. I can even recall playing Civ 2 as a kid, although I had no idea what I was doing and was therefore arguably the worst ruler in all of Civilization.

I also used to enjoy the odd game of Alpha Centauri, although it doesn't run very well on my current computer. I'm looking forward to Beyond Earth and I really hope it does AC justice.

After "lurking about" for a good year or two, I've decided to join this forum. Been a fan of the Civ series since IV was released way back in 2006 (for Mac, of course), and have just recently bought myself the complete edition of V.

Hopefully I'll manage to get a mod out here sometime in the near future. :)

Hi!

I've been a Civ fan since I saw Civ II Gold at a store and bought it. I love strategy games, especially games playable on a scale as big as the Civ series (i.e. planet-wide 4X, techs ranging from stone age to today, etc). I played Call To Power once or twice and didn't really like it, and for some reason I thought Civ III was basically the same thing, so I passed on it. When Civ IV came out, I was absorbed with other things and barely had any time for Civ anymore, so I didn't play that either. But then Civ V came out and I fell in love with the series all over again.

I've visited CivFanatics since a while ago for answers to random questions and for the odd mod or two which isn't on Steam (also, I found a nice guide explaining how to install mods on a Mac on the forum).

It's great to be part of this community, which I've always thought to be awesome. I hope I can continue to learn from all of you and begin sharing with you my love for Civ.

Hi everyone.

Not a new member here, but just FYI, I'll no longer use the existent "Luisao82" account. For personal reasons, I decided to create an account using my real name "Luis Ah-Hoy", and this will be my definitive account on these forums.

Cheers*

Moderator Action: Warning, the proper procedure to change your account name is to request a name change form me. Having more than one log on is prohibited.
Reply to this message AND private Message me for your old account to confirm merger of Luisao82 into Luis_Ah_Hoy. All posts will then show up under the destination surviving account, but the postcount may or may not sum up correctly until such time as the forums postcount tables are rebuilt.

Lefty Scaevola

Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

Hi guys. Reasonably new to the Civ games and V is the first one I've played. I'm more of a FPS and RTS player, but this is the first TBS game I've actually enjoyed.

Fav Civ: So far it's the Celts
Difficulty: King (that's 5 right?), and thinking about moving up to Emperor (6?) soon.

Great forums (been lurking for ~5ish months) and it's helped me quite a bit.

Hi, corranhorn. Welcome to CivFanatics. :c5happy:

I myself lile the Carthaginians and the Russians the best. While I love other real-world civilisations (the Vikings, the English/British Empire, Prussia/Germany, and so on) just as much as the real-world Russians, I find Carthage and Russia have some of the strongest UAs for my playing style. I'm not much for civs with religious bonuses, but the real-world Celts were an awesome civ.

If you ever want to try out another Civ gamr, give Civ II a go if you don't mind the old graphics and if your computer can run it. I loved how everything was so easy to mod/customise.

Cheers!

Greetings... I started playing CIV some 20 years ago and am still addicted. I thoroughly enjoy Civ and find that the Immortal difficulty level gives me a good game - challenging enough that I don't always win, yet, not so difficult that I can't be competitive every game....

Hi everyone, I'm new to the forum and totally new to Civ 5. As a matter of fact Civ 5 is the only turn based strategy game I've ever played. A few weeks ago I didn't know if I would like it.....now I can't stop hitting Next Turn.

I have a lot to learn, but you'll find that I'm very teachable. I look forward to getting to know all of the Civ5 forum members. :) Thanks, Prozac

Hi everyone. New member here but not really new to Civ. I played Civ II back in the day but then got hooked on Age of Empires, Diablo I/II, Guild Wars, and then the current Diablo III and Guild Wars II. Saw Civ V at the store and thought to myself "I wonder if this is anything like the game I used to play?" Needless to say I am hooked!

Ummmm, hai.

I've been lurking for a little while and figured that I'd finally join this place. I've kind of wanted a new community for a while, if only to widen my online circles a bit. I love my regular community but it's small and I've known the same people for years. It gets stale.

I obviously enjoy the Civ games, but 5 has managed to turn me from a casual fan into a hardcore one. I mostly play on King/Emperor but tried the Immortal Challenge game, which inspired me to, you know, stop lurking.

Outside of Civ, I enjoy reading books in any genre, video games (JRPGs are my biggest not-Civ passion), listening to good musics, American football, amongst other stuffs.

I think I'll stop here. =]

Top Bottom