Question regarding Religion

Gaussia

Chieftain
So, I'm playing the "Into the Renessance" scenario as Sweden.

Protestantism just appeared and I want to convert, how do I do this?

Is my religion entirely city based, or do I have one official, it feels like I need because that would affect what Holy City I get Victory point for.

I have noticed one of my cities have gained some amouth of Protestantism followers, when does the city get protestantism benefits (and loses Catholicism). Also when I build an misonair, what decides what religion it belongs to?

Also, if I manage to become Protestantist, can my Cathedrals be destroyed?

Welcome to the forum! :) In the future you might try a search of past topics for your answers. ;)

It being your first time & all, though...

The number you want to pay attention to is the amount of pressure that each religion is exerting on your city. If Protestantism's pressure is higher than Catholicism in that city, then it will eventually convert on its own (once >50% of the city's population is Protestant).

If not, then you basically have to wait until another civ sends a missionary or great prophet to convert the city. You can increase the odds of that happening by signing an open borders treaty with the civ that founded Protestantism.

A missionary's (or great prophet's) religion is the same as that of the city where you buy it. So if your city converts to Protestantism, any missionaries you buy there will spread the Protestant religion.

Your Cathedrals will remain in the city regardless of what religion is dominant, so long as they aren't removed by some other factor (the city being captured, you selling them, etc).

Not sure about your victory point question as I've never played that scenario.

Yes, you have an official religion (check the My Religion page) It is based on population percentage, and you will get a notification when the majority of your citizens switch to Protestantism.

The most fun way to convert is to capture all the protestant cities around you, annex one if you don't get a protestant city yourself, then produce inquisitors to knock catholics out.

Then you declare war on the catholics, and get massive victory points conquering Europe.

You will not lose your cathedrals, iirc.

Thanks for the answers, also another one:
If I build Inquesitors in my Protestantism city, will thoose help remove Catholicism?

Top Bottom