Peaceful conquest

beatgoeson90

Chieftain
Hello civfanatics!
I'm a new member and I want to ask you this.
Few days agos, I was playing Civ V (BNW) as Austria. I was fighiting against Marocco. Few turns after the end of this war, suddenly a message appears: "You have conquered St. Peterburg" etc" even if actually I was not at war with Russia. Two days after this, I was playing as Byzantine at war with the Celts. A similar thing happened: "You have conquered Goshute (Shoshone)" even if I wasn't at war with them!
So, my question is: what happened? Is it a glitch or what?
Thank you for you answers!

What I think is that you "culture-flipped" their cities. If a civ has -20 unhapiness or more, their cities will slowly flip to the preferred civilization of the city (IIRC, it's the closest civilization which follows the favorite ideology of the city).

Well, Goshute was close to the borders of my empire. But the first time, St. Peterburg was quite far from my empire, the city was located on an island.

Well, Goshute was close to the borders of my empire. But the first time, St. Peterburg was quite far from my empire, the city was located on an island.

But, was St. Petersburg the closest Russian city to your capital?

The city revolted from the larger empire due to unhappiness and eventually joined your empire.

Actually no. Every city of my empire was quite far from St. Peterburg

I think you're misunderstanding me. I'm not asking if St. Petersburg was close to your capital, but rather whether St. Petersburg was closer to your capital than the rest of the Russian cities were. If you have high Ideological pressure over them, there's a chance their closest city could flip, no matter how far away their territory is from yours.

I think you're misunderstanding me. I'm not asking if St. Petersburg was close to your capital, but rather whether St. Petersburg was closer to your capital than the rest of the Russian cities were. If you have high Ideological pressure over them, there's a chance their closest city could flip, no matter how far away their territory is from yours.
Unfortunately, I don't remember this. However, I understood your explanation. Thank you so much!

Top Bottom