stNNES IV: Fiddling with the clock...

Nice update, NK!

great update, and great map. im glad you incorporated the dotted trade routes and the small-medium-capital cities :)

other then that, I am a little dissapointed to see Rome being the superpower (they always are! :)) would be cool to have someone like Carthage or Egypt :)

Story soon.

Great update! *feels squeezed*

To Tartessos
From Rome

Alliance?

I like THIS level of detail, actually. There's no need to go overboard with those!

Read the update actually now. Very good indeed, but I want to know if a PC nation could possibly be destroyed before the actual NES starts. Would be cruel, but realistic. Also, how come are there so many barbarians in the middle of Sahara and in Chukotka (the complaint about the latter is, why isn't there an Empire of Luorovettlan? :p )?

Btw, no changes in settings for me. "We shall go on by this path!"

IC:

Charge after charge,
All for Baal,
Charge after charge,
All for Baal...

---

Roshe-ar ("Land General") Kahalid Yathrib looked at the sky aghast, very irritated. But he immediately silenced the thoughts - Baal thought that what HE did was right, and as Baal was the God, well, all was in HIS will. Even when it hurt Syria... but was not Baal the God of ALL PEOPLE? Perhaps the Syrians displeased him, somewhat. Perhaps...

Well, only the wisest priests as far as Kahalid knew understood all the delicacies of theology. That was their role; his was simply to carry out orders of baal-maluk.

Ashur withstood the attack. The Babylonians fought like desert-demons, like giant four-eyed cats of the Hyksos nomad superstitions in the southern parts of the Syrian Malukate (Empire). With long spear and short sword, the Babylonians clashed with the Syrians, and not even the mahlaavodim could force them out.

And on the next day, a priest delivered baal-maluk's order. The war is to end. Nineveh remained untaken. Still, the Babylonians had to concede two provinces within Mesopatamia itself, that was also an accomplishment. Tigrana and Osroene, these two provinces would yet become the new gathering points for the war with Babylon!

For a new war would come.

The burning sun, the angry general, the hated city.

---

The Babylonian delegation has by then departed, and Kahalid Yathrib remembered something he heard from the merchants. The Hebrews, in the southern Babylonian lands (who are notable for worshipping a single god, a single face of Baal, only they called him differently, or rather preffered to avoid calling him at all - in a way it made sense, but only for as long as Baal was not amongst them), or rather some of their priests, predicted that tomorrow, on the Current Maluk's Thirty Second Year from First-Birth, a baby would be born amongst the Hebrews, who will lead them to rebellion and build a great empire. As the rebellion and the empire would probably be at the expense of the Babylonians, Kahalid Yathrib wished they were right. They said a bright star would shine this night to signify that. Kahalid was unsure that the star would be seen here, but...

And even if the Hebrews don't get their demigod (or god? It would make sense for Baal to create such an avatar to punish the Babylonians for their arrogance) leader this time, somehow Kahalid Yathrib knew, felt it in the warm air outside of Nineveh, that a new era would come.

Jason, Carthage? Isn't that "New City" in Phoenician? But the Phoenicians rarely would go as far as Italy, apart from as merchants, and even they preffer Rhodes...

Incidentally, another nation called "New City" exists on the map.

Ok, Im gonna repost my template with an overview of things that I would like my kingdom to do. Ill flesh out more details on religion and whatnot later. Good update NK!

Nation Name: The Teutonic Order

Start Location: Lithuania

Core Area: Lithuania, Latvia, Estonia, Northern Poland, and most of Germany

Traits:

Isolationist (1)-Expansionist (5): 4
Pacifist (1)-Militaristic (5): 5
Army (1)-Navy (5): 2
Agricultural (1)-Merchantile (5): 4
Decentralized (1)-Centralized (5): 5
Secular (1)-Religious (5): 4
Populist (1)-Aristocratic (5): 3

Description: The Tuetons have risen to prominence in Northern Europe, but now comes a period of relative peace. The Order doesnt want only war, it treats its allies with the utmost respect and trust. Therefore,
-offer an alliance and trade agreement to the Novgorodians. Tell them about the growing trade empires in the Mediterrean, and how we could have riches like that!
-open up Teutonic Ports, and link the Order with the Mediterranean and Frankish nations trading routes.
-organize the army to reflect the military-wise Order, and invade Saxony (who I believe is the dark green beside me...). Ask thier neighbors if they would want to help in this endeavor.
-establish a fort and trading post on the tip of Sweden at Malmo, and then expand inwards. If advanced peoples are found, expand around them, not through them.
-continue to expand southward

NK, the Greater Baal will tell HIS Other Faces what do with Syria until his next visit after you answer my question.

To: Rome; we woudl liek to buy the land up to the city Arelate, in southern gual for a reasonable price; should you let this occure, we will becoem staunch allies Tartessos wishes to do this to bring all of our homeland, in Iberia, under home control.

Jason The King said:
great update, and great map. im glad you incorporated the dotted trade routes and the small-medium-capital cities :)

other then that, I am a little dissapointed to see Rome being the superpower (they always are! :)) would be cool to have someone like Carthage or Egypt :)

Story soon.

well, rome is in a great position to be a superpower; central med sea location,great for trade, in a land with natural resources, able to supply a larg epopulation; hell, it was only in the modern era when Italy was surpassed by other regions in population size, and density; such things lend themselves towards a nation with those beocming a major power holder

Whatever, Xen. By your logic of thought, Sicily should have been a great power rather then Rome. Also, you know, there is that nation called China which surpassed Italy in population size before the Modern Era. If China is too big for you, there is Bengal. If you mean a nation in Europe, there's Germany. If you mean in the Mediterranean, then you're right.

yes, das, it means in europe; and yes, do a little reaserch and you woudl see that it was ONLY in the modern era when Italy was surpassed in population size, and desisty; why dont you back up up your hard core jack ass posting with somthign other then a jack ass post; you wan tmy proof? simple, go out and ; here a shocker spend money on a real book, an dnot look up crap on the internet! yes, that what i did, and its generally how I know so much; a good source is the "Atlas of the medieval world", by barnes and Noble books; it shows not only the geo-poltical make up of europe, but the economic, religious, and yes population situatiosn fo not onylu europe, but the res tof the world as well.

of course, since you seem to concern yourself with loathign the western world, I'm not surprised that you not only posted what you just did post, but that you havent spent any actual time lookign into if you were right or not, let alone go out, do soem work, and spend soem money on books to see if you were right or not.

and to note, Sicilly was a great power for a rather long time, but ti collapsed to to harse rule by the SYracusian tyrants, and just beign out resourced by Carthage and Rome

Yes, yes, great.

Firstly lets work on the definitions. What do you understand as "Modern Age"? What do you understand as "Europe"?

Also, I only hate the pre-Medieval western world.

OOC:

Well, das, I'd prefer not to be that cruel... However, empires will rise and fall, at least. Just the nations might still exist. ;)

Insane Panda: Trade centers don't really exist, those just designate really large cities, which, as a matter of fact, should include Travancore, so just convince yourself that it is a large square, it has always been a large square (we are at war with Eastasia... We have always been at war with Eastasia)...

Jason: A note: Rhodes is actually a large square city... I just couldn't fit it... :p

Everyone: I'm planning on a miniupdate later today, then the main update tomorrow. Then we'll probably go with weekly updates. If not shorter periods in between.

Back to the topic, btw, the only reason Rome is a great power here is that its PC. Wouldn't be interesting otherwise.

das said:
Yes, yes, great.

Firstly lets work on the definitions. What do you understand as "Modern Age"? What do you understand as "Europe"?

Also, I only hate the pre-Medieval western world.

A)Napoleon forward= modern world

B)ahh, so you hate classical civlization? must be having a terribel tiem with your Greek based alphabet, and your nation being predominatlly Constantintian Roman christian, and the whole claimign to be the 3rd Rome and what not, yes, i magine you must be a bit of a tizzy.

Guys, stop the flaming. Take it into PMs at the least... You obviously disagree, and you won't get anywhere fighting about it, and you definately should not do it in an NES.

Top Bottom