stNNES IV: Fiddling with the clock...

I'm stagnating?! :( Gotta change that. BTW, I meant all of Egypt, so my territory should extend down the Nile some more.

blackheart said:
I'm stagnating?! :( Gotta change that. BTW, I meant all of Egypt, so my territory should extend down the Nile some more.

Not so much *stagnation* as... You're not going anywhere. There's nothing *wrong* with that, necessarily, you have a huge army, probably the largest number wise in the world, and great agricultural surpluses, there's just not much you've been conquering.

Nope!

Are we going to have stats? :)

emu said:
is that wessex in the south west of england?

Call it whatever you want for now. :p I intended it to be Sussex, actually, but obviously I failed in that respect. (english geography is boring) :mischief:

Gelion: Nope. You can assume for your case that you have a large army, a very small navy. You can probably hold your own in any war you'd likely be in right now.

Nope!

Nation: Vikingland

Core Area: Scandinavia, Iceland, Greenland (Viking Areas, Denmark is controlled by another nation :'( )

Traits(You like Paradox Games, don't you?)

Isolationist (1)-Expansionist (5): 5
Pacifist (1)-Militaristic (5): 5
Army (1)-Navy (5): 4
Agricultural (1)-Merchantile (5): 4
Decentralized (1)-Centralized (5): 4
Secular (1)-Religious (5): 5
Populist (1)-Aristocratic (5): 5

Description:
The nation of Vikings (Vikingland) is based heavily on its military strenght. The poeple are some of the best seafarers and warriors in the world, natural when they come from a harsh and cold area where farming is hard and hunting is the best way for food. When Viking boys turn 13 they are send out on the sea (noble boys get ships, others are sailors) and show that they are worthy to be made grown-ups.

Trough this system Vikingland have gotten the most skilled sailors and the best ships through years of experience with diffrent vessels. The army is not the biggest in the world but it got the hardest (thought not smartest...) warriors in the North, most feared of them all the Berserkers.

The Vikings got a strong centralized government, ruled by the king. The aggresive nature of the vikings have made them expand and search for land all the time. The Vikings are also skilled traders, thought they mostly trade with stolen goods ( :/ ).

The Vikings belive in the æses, with Odin as the leading God. When Viking warriors fall in battle they come to him, and they belive he will use them to fight against the evil Jotuns. The other mayor gods are Tor (God of Thunder) and Loke (God of trickery etc). The Vikings belive that in storm only Tor can save them, and they also belive storms is a punishment from him.

The main weaponry used by Vikings are the Battle Axe, but also Long Bows and Short Swords are used a lot. Horsemen are not a usual part in the army but Pikemen have been used to counter enemy horsemen. The Viking Armies are not quick but agressive and most poeple dosen't meet them twice in battle.

Good UU: Longboat and Berserker

OOC: Hope other than me are going to roleplay with the traits they got, that will bring lot of fun into the game :-D

Nope!

Wu

Suzhou south of the Yangtze river by a little bit

Core Area: All of Wei, Qin, and lands of the Nan Yue.

Isolationist (1)-Expansionist (5): 5(changed from 4)
Pacifist (1)-Militaristic (5): 3
Army (1)-Navy (5): 3 (changed from 1)
Agricultural (1)-Merchantile (5): 4(changed from 3)
Decentralized (1)-Centralized (5): 5
Secular (1)-Religious (5): 2
Populist (1)-Aristocratic (5): 4 (changed from 3)

Attempt to secure NAPs with both Qin and Wei while expanding out against the Nan Yue as well as colonizing Taiwan and starting good relations with Japan while encourgaging urbanization throughout the Empire via reduced taxes and etc.

What will my nation do in the mini update?

They'll secure land in Scandinavia (if they don't already have), and do what Vikings use to do (Trade and Raid, and take land if possible) :-D

NEW TRAITS!!!

Nation Name: Akkadia
Start Location: Egypt
Core Area: Egypt, Nubia
Traits:

Isolationist (1)-Expansionist (5): 4
Pacifist (1)-Militaristic (5):4
Army (1)-Navy (5):2
Agricultural (1)-Merchantile (5): 3
Decentralized (1)-Centralized (5):5
Secular (1)-Religious (5):5
Populist (1)-Aristocratic (5):4

Expand south along the Nile, carve out an "Empire of the Nile." Instead of using military, use diplomacy and promises of better days for the natives. Also colonize west coast of Arabia and east coast of Africa (only the good parts, no crappy desert). Seek alliances with locals (like Arabs). Also try to set up overseas trade routes to India. Focus on infrastructure improvements (culture and education, also includes the all important flood control!). Maybe build a few pyramids along the way ;). Official religion is to be Egyptian Mythology.

Mongols:

Isolationist (1)-Expansionist (5): 5
Pacifist (1)-Militaristic (5): 5
Army (1)-Navy (5): 1
Agricultural (1)-Merchantile (5): 2 (from 1)
Decentralized (1)-Centralized (5): 2 (from 1)
Secular (1)-Religious (5): 5
Populist (1)-Aristocratic (5): 5

1) Begin using 16 Tactics in my military ways

2) Instill the Yasa as the main code of laws

3) From each tribe's Battle Circle, take the campions to a remote location for training by the Khan's order. In the northern Siberian wastes they are to be trained to be fericous fighters for their Khan, and Tengri. They are to be taught that by their winning of the Battle Circle, Tengri recognized that they are strong, and thus would grant them a boon, an avenger spirt.

They are to be told that they are the Dark Spirts of Tengri, avengers against those that would destory the forests, destory the land, kill the Spirts of Tengri. They are to be taught to ignore cold, ignore wounds, fight fericously, reveal in the blood of enemies, drink from the decaying skulls of their foes, etc..etc...

They are to become the best fighters in Mongolian Hand to Hand, at the Bow, at the sword and lance, on horseback and otherwise. General all purpose soldiers focused on a single goal, the death of civlization. The UU of Mongolia, Demons of Tengri

4) Begin preaching my religion, as well as an idea of the Great Crusade, ie- the great crusade to make war on the world, and dominate it.

5) Create Significant amouts of my UU

6) Continue to conquer outlying barbaric tribes and intergrate them into the Mongolian battle culture. Begin a war with Samarkand and conquer them using the 16 tactics and my UU to instil fear into the enemy armies. Raze their cities if they resist, treat them with respect if they surrender.

After that, begin the war with China *secret* with my allies *secret* by invading with most of the army, espically my UU. Liberally use the 16 tactics and raze their cities if they resist as above, but treat them with respect and benevolence if they surrender and accept our might.

Emu: Your nation has a decent army, definately the most powerful on the Isle, and it looks likely that your wars are within reach of being won. The navy is small, and isn't very efficient.

It's good, the most powerful in the Indian ocean, certainly. Maybe the world.

Hey, NK, since everyone else seems to be asking about stuff, how good is my military?

I'll bet it sucks. And if it doesn't, I'll ruin it quickly. No matter how hard I try not to. That's my unique skill.

Nope!

It's actually very good at the moment. Rome's legions are the most powerful troops perhaps in the Med. The fleet is a little lacking after a war against Rhodes severely hurt it, but it is rapidly rebuilding. However, Rome does have quite a few threats, so it definately needs all this. ;)

I would like to take Gaul. Should I full out a template?

Top Bottom