stNNES IV: Fiddling with the clock...

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOODS I hate math. Update hopefully tonight, if not blame it on a certain Algebra twain teacher.

Perhaps I didn't make myself clear. No new orders accepted. Well, except for those who just joined, of course.

Jason The King said:
I eagerly await the update. I hope I do some serious expansion in Africa :) (you're going down, Egypt!)

Oh woe is me. C'mon, I just want to be friends and trade! Which nation are you anyways?

@NK; why cant we send in orders?

@Xen: Because I never asked for them this time around. I will follow your orders, yeah, but this is distracting and I wish I didn't have it happening.

well it just that since this uber-updates are essentially huge time leaps skipping over tons of other wise trivial, and uneventful (and endlessly frustrating) sets of orders, i dont see why broad goals, and soem ways to achieve them cant be sent in.

However, i dont want to argue any :)

NK, you can ignore my orders completely then, just set Akkadia on the path to enlightenment and righteousness ;)

OK, I was a lazy bugger again and left it until 10:00 PM. See, initially I planned to do it right after I got home from school, then I realized that I wouldn't be able to get home from school since I had play rehearsal. So cut out everything before 6. I arrive home at six, prcrastinate my way through my homework until 8. I attempt to go to the bookstore and find out it is closed. Pissed, I lock myself in my room and read for the next hour or two.

Hence, this update will be short and to the point. Or to euphemize, you get to write most of the history yourself. ;)

Just give us the blasted map

Here’s my utter copout of a history:

Europe:

In about 500 CE, the Huns invaded. Followed by the Avars. This led to the annoyance of many a ruler in Europe, and more importantly, the shattering of most of the empires thereof.

Basically, most of the larger nations retained their cores, but many new, small nations were declared. Well, except in the decentralized Gaul (there was an advantage to decentralization).

To summarize:

Teutonic Order: Fairly well off, rebuilt their army and navy, and ready to go conquering. Religion: Nestorian.

Gaul: Very well off, powerful, but with many enemies. Religion: Coptic.

England: Well, conquered the rest of England. Ready to invade Ireland at any point now... Religion: A very localized branch of Paganism.

Tartessos: Lost some land to the other states, but otherwise, still rich and powerful. Lotta potential in rounding Africa to get to India and the SPICES!!! Religion: Tartessian Copticism

Rome: Fairly powerful, fairly rich, but a sleeping giant in most respects. Religion: Coptic and Nestorianism, half and half. Kinda explosive.

Maghreb: Unchanged from previous. Still with several powerful enemies, but still strong and rich. Potential in a new Indian Trade Route. Religion: Coptic.

Rhodes: Strong and... You guessed it, rich. The Akkadians are their big rivals, though, after they reconquered Lybia, though theoretically the Libyans conquered it from the Akkadians first and then they conquered it from the Libyans. Also hate the Syrians due to a recent war. Religion: Nestorian

Crimea: Still strong, but it’s economy suffered from the invasions and still isn’t recovered due to wars of reunifications. Religion: Crimean-Mongol Polytheism... They converted after the steppe tribes invaded successfully and the old gods didn’t protect them.

Akkadia: doing decently, still has a huge army, fairly rich. Still kinda the backwater. Religion: Coptic, of course.

Syria: Perhaps the most powerful militarily, they just conquered some land from Rhodes, and are poised to wage all out wars of conquest all around. Well, if the right moment comes. Religion: Syrian Nestorianism.

Babylon: Fiercely relgious, of course, but also quite advanced and a trade center, especially with India. Religion: What else? Nestorian.

Onto Asialike.

The Kushans invaded India, as did the Tibetans, while the Toba and the Tibetans invaded Mongols and China. Then, much later, like really recently, the Bactrians invaded India.

Travancore: Quite powerful, and rich. Soooooooooooo rich. Good navy. Religion: Hindu, of course.

Malacca: Spared by the invasions for the most part, except for a Thai raid, they have flourished, and are still flourishing. Religion: Hindu

Sirivajaya: Much in the same boat (har har) as Malacca. They are rich and powerful navy wise. Religion: Hindu.

Wu: Basically managed to conquer a bunch of lang from Shang and Tibet, they now have a buffer state of Toba Wei in between them and the Mongols. A bit tired out from these conquests, but if they get the ball rolling again, they can become perhaps the most powerful in all the world. Religion: Some weird mix of various religions. Confucian for the most part.

Mongols: Managed to conquer and reconquer a large area, they still have a great many rivals. Religion: Mongol Polytheism.

OOC: Sorry, no time for more. :(

Oh, BTW, tech levels. It's pretty much equal, except for the Eastern Steppe NAtions. Gunpowder to the arquebus level. other than that, I imagine you know the drill. Ships are galleon types, except when they aren't. ;)

OOC: I expect that update, Jason. :p

OOC: north king, i specifically ordered last turn to colonize taiwan! *sighs*

@Insane Panda; apperentlly, people have forgotten to tell you, re-trade works a great deal better the reguler "trade", and trading your goods to Tartessian merchants for re-sale in (some) western ports is hardley a bad thing

NK, PLEASE DO FIX MY RELIGION. I didn't type up and imagine all that stuff about it just to be replaced by an ordinary monotheism! My culture is based on Baalism and God-Emperor Cult.

Also, why cancel the division of Babylonia? We were meant to get the north, I seem to recall from the previous version, and the Hebrews were meant to get the south.

Not that bad of a summarization, considering your time constraints. All I need to know is, who is my ally and who are those little nations to my south and east?

Oh damn I thought you would finish the last update!!! So I ddin't write a story. How evil!

Top Bottom