IA switching to communism

So the AI is smarter then what we give them credit for. Camping a unit outside your city is not to block the resources from that land (though that could be one of the reasons), rather it's to communicate instead of having to send a diplomat everytime you want to 'Talk with the King'.

I know this thread is 9 years old but in case someone searches the forum to find out weather the AI uses governments apart from Despotism/Monarchy/Republic like I did a few months ago: They CAN switch to communism like the good old communist Napoleon of the french did in my current game (emperor) :D I can provide proof via saved game/log/screenshot

Communist AI is a pretty regular thing in most of my games, maybe because I usually don't play conquest, but go for a space race. In my experience, it's the expansionistic civs that are more prone to going commie in the late game, if they survive that is. They tech up for war (up to mech. inf. and nukes) and then they basically freeze research and max out on units. The question remains - why do they do the switch? Is it for economic gain (less overall corruption compared to monarchy or republic)? Or is it for pacifying the population (no war unhappiness + martial law)? Or is it both? Those are questions that darkpanda might be able to answer when he cracks the AI routines.

Top Bottom