IndieStone - Visual Tech Tree Editor

Yeah, I imagine once I get my hands on your conflict resolutionator that I will fix more bugs in an hour than I have in the past 2 weeks. :p

:D

Also just in case you didn't know, did you know that:

Code:
<Update>
	<Set GridX="1"/>
	<Where Type="TECH_POTTERY"/>
</Update>
<Update>
	<Set GridY="5"/>
</Update>
could be changed to:

Code:
<Update>
	<Set GridX="1" GridY="5" />
</Update>

Yeah it starts from the completely unmodded database. Perhaps it's not updating them or something? Seems to work with my test xml files ok. What is wrong with it in particular? I'll load it up in a bit to check how it differs.

Well specifically, as a first example, Masonry is smashed down on bronze and it looks like bronze has either the pyramids or the Sphinx. So it appears that some buildings are also out of place.

Archery is also supposed to be 1 Y under bronze, but somehow it is up in column 2 instead of 3.

There are quite a lot of techs that are simply out of position.

Also just in case you didn't know, did you know that:

Yeah I didn't know that when I started modding the tech tree a month or two ago. :)

Also, it looks like my improvement tech changes aren't showing.

Same with the eras, which may be a result of my adding 1 and changing another.

Nah, the era panel is broken at the mo. ;D

Well this is good then it gives me something to use to get the loading process perfect. :)

Nice. I wish you luck and expedient bug smashing! Can't wait to get my hands on this. I will check back in the morning to see if you made any progress. :)

Lemmy, Lemmy, Lemmy... *shakes head*

Be a good lad now and promise us, after you get this initial release out, that you will go out and _relax_ ... have a beer/shot/mixed drink man...

Don't want you to get burned out before the next version. ;)

*starts pacing, waiting for release*

Output of Procylon's Call to Power Project after being loaded and saved out.

Note MyMod is just the test prefix I'm not claiming credit! :D

Note it's not just spitting out the same files. This is completely new xml created from scratch from the modded editor database, which could feasibly incorporate other changes or mods put into it. Each 'type of stuff' all nicely neat in its own file instead of all bunged in together like the current release version. Now if this works in-game without any glitches...

We're close, people!

I'm pretty confident of a release tomorrow. My gf is coming tonight so my coding time is drawing to an end for the evening. ;D

Her Lemmy,

i downloaded the early alpha, but when i try to run it i get this error (see attached) i dunno if im missing something here:confused:

Attachments

• error.PNG
    error.PNG
    52.9 KB · Views: 230
Lemmy is there any way this can be used (or modified depending on difficulty) to detect and report mod conflicts or should that be a separate app?

Something does does an internal diff between files (XML and LUA) and provides a detailed report perhaps?

I keep running into some strange behavior with mods, graphics related*, and thought since your got this far with essentially mod merging, that maybe your app here could do that.

*by strange I mean civs will be blank on the game screen - no name, colors, unit icons... diplo screens play animations but having nothing on them, barbarian units destroyed stay on the map (this one clears up with a game restart)... I've narrowed down the problem mods, but I like the ones involved (so I'm going to end up merging them myself)...

Meh, just a thought.

Soooo... when's release of the next version? ;)

I'm getting there. :D Just wrapping up a few bloody annoying bugs now. The first release will likely be a bit wobbly anyway, it's purely an experimental alpha release so don't expect it to be solid and ALWAYS BACK UP. ;D

re: mod conflicts, do you mean the results of having multiple mods activated at the same time? Interesting idea! :) I could add that fairly easily. Though not Lua I'm afraid, just XML.

New features:

Drag and drop!

Just drag your units, buildings and 'builds' around between techs, or to and from the 'unassigned' side panel!

... which is where all the things with no prerequisite tech set are to be found! :)

Conflict finder finds any conflicts in your mod

Will find any reference to non existent types in your entire mod database. Whether you've imported units that have prerequisite technologies from the mod you pilfered them from, or deleted every civilization in the game, it will tell you about it and provide you with options on how you'd like to deal with the conflict.

More info here: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=396304

Full era support!

Add and delete eras, and drag their start / end handles to make them encompass more or less techs.

Right click to edit the database row directly.

the row editor, whilst a bit ugly at the moment, will allow you to poke about at anything on the tech tree in detail. It also has auto completion for all the fields that reference other database objects making it easy to reassign things:

In the future this will be expanded to allow you to edit the entire database as you wish, and it will always generate you modular XML with update statements.

Duplicate rows.

Any row, from a tech to a building or unit, can be duplicated with the right click menu.

Then you can open the database row and edit your copy, changing its name, appearance, icon and stats.

Import mods!

Import a mod from a .modinfo file and have it integrate that mod's xml into the editor using that mod's proper OnModActivated ordering.

Non-destructive loading / saving (bugs aside)

When you load in XML data those changes are stored in the editor database, regardless of what data it is or whether the editor uses it itself, so will be there when it's saved out. So you can edit the XML of the editor output directly, without worrying about messing it up if you need to reload in the editor again later.

Note: The XML generation still needs some work, in cases where you do an XML line to delete, say, all American city names, load that XML in and then export, the resulting XML will have each of those cities as separate delete nodes instead of one catch all delete. I will work on making this generate more compact XML as I go.

Auto generates modular export XML files

All changes categorized in their relevant files. It also autogenerates you an anti crash ID fixinator (FinalIDReordering.sql) to put last in your action list. Unlike the general ID fix, this SQL only has tables that have been found by the editor to have non sequential IDs.

Top Bottom