CivilizationRev DS does anyone still play?

I still play it. I usually play it before going to sleep while my wife is reading some book :goodjob:

Just some fatherly advice here...don't take your DS on Honeymoon. !!: :lol:

My Grandson has taken his DS back after I purchased a new battery for it ( I thought that he had forgotten it) However, all is not lost, I have now purchased my own DS Lite (£60.00 from e-Bay) and have had lots of hours of fun on it playing Civ...of course. I can't recommend the game enough and cannot believe the level of criticism the game has had. I suspect that had I not been a vet Civver then I may have had a lot of difficulty in getting into the game and may have given up early. This may be the reason for the criticisms.

IMHO the graphics are fine and the game play altough only slightly streamlined is fine. In fact I stand to be corrected, but I suspect that the level of difficulty may be slightly higher than the main consul versions. I say this because I have sustained serious casualties when playing the DS version where had I been playing Rev on the PS3 or 360 (I do play on both..yes I know fanatic and all that!) I believe that I would have come out of combat better.

For those that are interested, the new DS3 does play Rev although obviously only in a 2D format I have received this information from a member of staff from the Gamestation store in Leicester.

I still play it.

Necromancer! But I still play it as well.

The DS I have access to is my brothers, so don't get to play it much. (CivRevolutions is mine though, only game I own that I don't have hardware to play myself) I generally use it for the long road trips that I take with my immediate family for yearly greater-family reunions that happen a good 2000km away (1242 miles, or roughly 20 hours of driving). As such I get 4-5 games in each time I play. I don't like as much as, well, any of the other civ/civ family games, but it kills time nicely. I think that I'd prefer Civ 1 or Civ 2 modified for a hand-held device but that doesn't mean I don't enjoy it.

Why do your games take so long? I can normally play a game in about an hour to an hour and a half. How much do you micromanage?

Why do your games take so long? I can normally play a game in about an hour to an hour and a half. How much do you micromanage?
If this was aimed at me, I get 4-5 games in on a 20 hour trip. Considering that I usually drive for 8 of those hours, + spend time sleeping, reading, listing to music, etc. 4-5 games in is pretty good, an in fact the upper end of what I can do in the roughly 6 hours I spend playing. But good catch :goodjob:

Ah. I am not old enough to drive, so I forgot that someone has to do it. I dread the day when I will have to.

Because I am really cheap, this is the only form of the game that i play. It is a great game. This game is perfect for me on the family trips to Notre Dame and Chicago that we often take(10-13 hours). Yes, the leader jargon is really annoying, and the leaders are sometimes a little predictable, but it is overall a great game. I really hate it when I am sandwiched between two cultural civs, like England and France, or get mobbed by a bunch of barbaric war hungry civs that come at you with legions in the industrial era. Fantastic game.

i have gotten 2 copies of civrev for each of my kids, just so they would stop losing my copy of it. i would say
its fair to say i have spent more hours on this version of civ than any other. mainly because its portable. i would
love to be able to get it for my droid 4 phone..... hint hint

as a side note, i originally started with the 360 xbox version first then proceeded, with the ds, civ 4 and civ 5.

I don't have a smartphone, but I think it would be nice if the game was supported on all the operating systems.

I play it! Actually I've learned just new stuff about it, I have it on DS but I might buy Xbox 360 and of course get CivRev too..

I play it! Actually I've learned just new stuff about it, I have it on DS but I might buy Xbox 360 and of course get CivRev too..
I haven't actually got CivRev on my Xbox, all I use it for is playing all 5 or 6 games I own! (Yep, I only got it at Christmas)
And on the DS, I've played CivRev, but only for about 5 minutes before I realised that all I was doing was pressing random buttons (it made no sense to me, for some reason, maybe it's just the thought of a Civ game crammed into two tiny screens...)
I should play it again sometime, should I actually be bothered to do so. (I haven't been on my DS in a couple of months...)

You can turn off the help so you can actually have control over what you are doing, and not just pressing the continue buttons for help.

Top Bottom