Downloadable content- what you want to see?

I would like to see more civ's, portugal and Celts are a must for me.
More scenarios and I think a game editor where you make a scenario and the map and can upload and share it with others.

Everything free.

Ha ha ha. Of course that won't happen, so I just want more of everything, if possible. More leaders, more civs, more units, more maptypes, etc.

A map editor?

I highly doubt it.

This isn't a PC game. This is a console game. I can't think of any console games that come with map editors like the PC versions of civ do.

I could see them potentially adding a few civs or a few scenarios depending on how well the game sells, but thats about it.

A map editor?
This isn't a PC game. This is a console game. I can't think of any console games that come with map editors like the PC versions of civ do. .

True, but at least a scenario maker with preset maps would be nice and simple.

I think that from a strategic point of view, a fortress is the most needed item of DLC for Civ Rev.

After all, being able to hold chokepoints successfully (without starting a war) could potentially be a game winning strategy.

You can hold fortresses by just telling your units to "wait here." After a few turns they get a fort. I want more Civs! Persia, Ottomans, Incans, and someone else! Malinese?

You can hold fortresses by just telling your units to "wait here." After a few turns they get a fort.

Yes, that's true....but that's just a representation of your troops 'digging in' and building makeshift fortifications. I'm talking about a fortress made of stone and mortar, (as in Civ III) and one that can't be broken by getting a settler to found a city next to it.

Which really would add a very strategic element to the game! :)

Wants: Map types (a terra map!), more civs, a few more units, earth map.

Wants but doubt we'll get: More diplomacy option (treaties, alliances and such), some custom game options, religion, more UUs (with bonuses), better AI.

Dont need: More scenarios, more wonders, more buildings.

Besides some of the good ideas already mentioned, I'd like to be able to establish some sort of trade or treaty relationship with a friendly civ that allows you to cut through their territory without starting a war. I've had exploring units trapped by suddenly expanding civs, or galleys 'road blocked' by a guy in a fishing boat. D'oh!

More diplomatic options would be nice, as well as some options when setting up a single player game (i.e. victory conditions, map size, number of civs in game, etc.).

Also, a better stat tracker for all your finished games. IIRC, every version of Civ has some kind of 'hall of fame' that lets you see the scores from previous games you've finished.

I wish they'd add a "just...one...more...turn" option, as well. I don't understand how something so simple could have been left out. Some of us play for fun even after a victory has been acheived on PC versions.

Yeah. great ideas. I've found myself waging war for 1 turn and then signing a peace treaty which gets frustrating. Also a better way to keep score. I'd like to see legions and warriors change to something otherthan a tank. like a paratrooper. can jump out of plane units and are more less balanced.

I want to choose my own maps :/

where is our free gift the dlc code was due by the end of the month they were giving them for being late on the launch now there doing it with the gift to make up for it what gives there late again. and also there are games with map editors for console games for example far cry

Give up your hopes. After listening to DanQ's interview with 2K, it is obvious that they will not be doing much with the core gameplay of Rev. They'll milk it with some DLC in the form of scenarios, but the fundamental issues that bother long-time Civ players will never be updated.

Too bad. It's a game with so much potential that will never be realized.

Give up your hopes. After listening to DanQ's interview with 2K, it is obvious that they will not be doing much with the core gameplay of Rev. They'll milk it with some DLC in the form of scenarios, but the fundamental issues that bother long-time Civ players will never be updated.

Too bad. It's a game with so much potential that will never be realized.

Not really.

The game is exactly what it's suppose to be. A streamlined version of civ designed for console and the console audience.

Many of the options people are asking for in this thread are common from what people have come to expect in the PC versions of civ. This is never going to be a PC version of civ. We'll all have to wait for civ 5.;)

Not really.

The game is exactly what it's suppose to be. A streamlined version of civ designed for console and the console audience.

Many of the options people are asking for in this thread are common from what people have come to expect in the PC versions of civ. This is never going to be a PC version of civ. We'll all have to wait for civ 5.;)

Yes, as a console version, the idea was to keep the game short and simple. At the same time, that's not to say there can't be a few more options or additions to help make the game better.

While I'd love to see more Civs, given that the only difference is the age bonuses (superficial name changes for some units), adding more civs won't really add much to the game.

Some nice additions/changes to the game which I don't think is unreasonable, even for a console game:
Earth map (or scenario) - I mean, even the box art has a picture of the earth!
AI aggression fixes
Game/Map Options - picking number of civ's, world type, bonuses, etc.
End of game stats (DS version has Replay, Score breakdown, etc.)

Not really.

While you're certainly right that this is a console-specific version of Civ, it is the constant upgrades to PC-versions of Civ that make us talk about things we'd like to see. So they spoiled us regular Civ fans in that regard.

But Rev does have untapped potential, IMHO, regardless of what the game was specifically designed to do. It is the things that could be but never will be is all I am talking about here.

I think that most regular Civ fans will grow bored with Rev, and I'm just not sure how long term this game will survive without that hardcore audience that is prevalent on the PC versions. Console gamers generally beat games and move on, as evidenced by the massive trade-in values at most game stores. It's a different attitude than PC gamers, who have a library going back to the 286 and before (myself included, I have PC games from 15 years ago, but only keep current console games in my possession, trading previous consoles and their games in for new stuff).

Top Bottom