How To: Download and Install a Mod from the steam hub

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whenever I click "Online" in the mod browser, the mods show up for a second and then the screen goes blank, the loading ring appears, and when it disappears I've got an empty screen. Nothing seems to fix this. My permissions show Civ V and Steam as bypassing the firewall, but I reset them and it still is intermittent. HALP!

To uninstall a mod do you just delete the corresponding folder from C:/.../My Games/Sid Meier's Civilization 5/MODS folder? Is there anything I need to do from within the game first?

Whenever I click "Online" in the mod browser, the mods show up for a second and then the screen goes blank, the loading ring appears, and when it disappears I've got an empty screen. Nothing seems to fix this. My permissions show Civ V and Steam as bypassing the firewall, but I reset them and it still is intermittent. HALP!

Mine is the same. Just goes blank.

Do you know if the mods auto-update if there's a newer version ?

Thirded.

I've been told to delete the cache and the MODS folder in My Games/Civ5 but to no avail.

I guess what I'm asking is, should this / will this eventually be the intended behavior? I noticed Kael mention this in his Celtic mod thread:

I uploaded an updated version. Its suppose to automatically update all your versions, but the installer may need to have a few bugs worked out. For me I had to manually go in and download the new version, but it just sat there as "Complete" without installing. To finish I had to go back to the Installed menu and delete the existing copy of Queen of the Iceni before the new copy would work.

It sounds like the current behavior of install/delete might be an error. I'm just trying to get confirmation one way or another.

Is there any way to confirm if a mod is running? I installed the example clock mod, didn't work, so I disabled it and installed the 24-hour clock mod, which also doesn't work. Here's a screenshot of my mod screen:

Spoiler :

I don't really care about the clock that much, but I'd like to make sure that the R.E.D. modpack and the Economy mod are working. I've also tested using only the clock mods one-at-a-time, and they don't work when they're the only mod enabled either.

Any ideas?

Double-check your mods folder to ensure there's not multiple versions of a mod there. That's usually my problem if I have this issue.
Just checked, only one version. Also I deleted all of them an reinstalled one at a time. No difference. It seems that no mods works whatsoever. The example mod to remove Greece doesn't work, nor does the space bar ends your turn mod.

Any other advice? My game is fully up to date via steam as well.

Good guide Ainwood, I was typing all this out to people in mod threads where people complained about mods not working when they just aren't familiar with the system yet. Now I can just link them here :)

Just checked, only one version. Also I deleted all of them an reinstalled one at a time. No difference. It seems that no mods works whatsoever. The example mod to remove Greece doesn't work, nor does the space bar ends your turn mod.

Any other advice? My game is fully up to date via steam as well.

I downloaded the same clock. It stopped working after the .20 patch. A lot of mods need changes made to them to work after patches. Hopefully it will be updated.

Thirded.

I've been told to delete the cache and the MODS folder in My Games/Civ5 but to no avail.

Same here. I seem to have only a 1 in 20 chance of actually getting a mod, or reading its full description, or seeing the list. And the error messages are oh so useful.

"An error has occured." Mod downloads end up in the state "Warning". Bleh.

And worst of all: if I only do mod stuff and then not actually play the game, it doesn't close properly! Just keeps running.

I just deleted everything and will reinstall it, hoping to get it operational.

Still, can't see mods. The "Installed" panel is empty. However, Mods were extracted in "Mods" directory.

I know I'm quoting my own post, but two other users were having this problem. Has anyone seen any updates or info about this issue?

I have downloaded manually and extracted ecv's - Rhyes Civ 4 map converted and adjusted map

i put the folder along with contents into C:\Users\ME\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS

and enter the game...

Nothing shows up :( maybe the folder is named wrong??

Some help please!

Here's a new version with the following improvements.

- Added the various features.
- Added pearls and a few other luxury resources in various places.
- Minor changes to the placement of early stategic resources in Europe.
- Removed Genoa and added Monaco one tile left.

Thankfully, using this process doesnt download from Steam, it downloads from Gamespy. That should be corrected in the title for clarity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom