The Great Hall

Turn 199, 1390ad
Spoiler :

Turns like these and the whole thing changes. First of all, cav scout didn't accept, so we're some tech (= some turns) away from rifles, and after all, we're not very capable from our position now anyway. We we're able to revolt 3 civics for 2 turns anarchy but strike is near.

They are a tech from infantry; muskets and cats mere xp :(

Afraid they'll be no new world order; amazon's after us

3 More cities than shown and 3 galleons came through the wheel this round; could that mean those numerous cities are putting 7+ spies through for this spoke?, i suppose it's possible.

and they have Railroad and almost Assembly Line, muskets and cats aren't looking too good. Just a few MG would negate the attack damage component of our catapults' 100 effective collateral hits I'd put closer to 80. 4 Machine guns w/ 36 units is closer to the break even point of what we can handle.

Turn 201, 1410ad
Spoiler :

Are the galleons on the move?

We finally get a glimpse of their graphs. At first glance I feel they still need more turns

Turn 202, 1420ad
Spoiler :

We get to revolt to something else which is nice

Galleons are creeping up the coast though still within borders to save money so likely a bluff. I shuffle 5 troops from dungeon (leaving only four) to baths (cursored)

Turn 203, 1430ad
Spoiler :

They take out 2 farms and throw castle into revolt. We dip into the red financially. Next turn we get a grace period but the turn after is unit reducing strike.

Although, so long as the spy situation eases up, we may gain enough happiness to make positive :fingers crossed:

Turn 204, 1440ad
Spoiler :

So here it is, AMAZON lands!!!

Above is what they landed, 4 MGs with 7 cannon and 16 rifles, and the last three shots are castle, center tile and baths. Below are the event results and as you can see, it went horribly. My thinking here is that the units with the best odds were the maces (mgs have the 50% vs our muskets) and so i wanted to take those down a bit before the catapults came in cause I wanted the attack damage from the catapults to count for something. But the maces hardly did anything to the MGs. The numbers were 8.8 v 22 or 18, but with the first strikes they hardly did anything. The first five did no damage and the few that did i think always were only one shot. In hindsight, the way to go was to maybe go in with the catapults first and hope for some damage or just try some muskets first or maybe even just don't try it on hills. In the 40+ battles, the best odds were like 27% and maybe only 5 were 11% or greater. Alot of odds were way under 1% against drill II/III MGs. After enough of it I stopped and gave up. Before I said we could handle 36 units w/ 4 MGs. 27 total units with 4 MGs did us in. The last shot shows what they had left when I ended. The cats even did all the collateral they could.

During the 300 years of the Diaspora, the slave trade, Europe killed 30-35 million Africans.
In 30 years of Imperialism, they killed 100 million with the machine gun.

Turn 205, 1450ad
Spoiler :

They shuttle in some new troops, keep some, ship others and move a tile closer.

Turn 206, 1460ad

They a turn closer. We whip three things. Scorched earth would delete most everything cause we gonna get slaughtered but no, we don't. Last 5 cats sent in to slow them (hopefully). Still those handful of units in dungeon, gardens immobile, but despite considration to try and take out the trailing mg, don't think we have any pounce in us. Just those last few turns...

Turn 209, 1490ad

I attempt to retake castle (only a MG, 3 rifles, a wounded cannon and alot of boats) but get nowhere, so I stop. Those drill 4 MGs are tough. 2 turns more and we're out of here.

Turn 210, 1500ad
Spoiler :

Well, this should be it. 2 out of 3 happiness missions undertaken in our fallen cities and the last of the gold sent to cav scout. game over. Merlot has fallen

Top Bottom