Merlot Mafia: Last Queen of the Amazons

Alas, I have no idea. 'Tis not me, although I would say that, wouldn't I?

No-one looks particularly fishy at this point...

Hmm...

On the top of the "game on" email that I received from Winston it lists who the recipients are of this email:

ash88, landlubber, Tboy, Tegvtec, Tic0

Now, since I am a townie, and given the way the game is structured/run, and given that not every name is on this list (only half of them are) I think it's a fairly safe assumption that this is a list of my fellow Townies. My fellow townies can verify this by looking at the same list on their email from Winston.

That being the case, I deduce that those who are in the mafia would have received a different email with different instructions. Those people would be: mgsmuhammed, Caledorn, Hercules90, slaze, and Umarth. These are the Mafia.

Elementary, my dear Winston ;)

Now was the fact that I can see the list of people an email went to overlooked? I would suggest that my fellow townies and I start at the top (sorry mgsmuhammed!) and work our way through this list.

That said, as the most vocal confirmed townie I expect the mafia will off me first. But keep strong! We have the list! Besides, if I'm killed first take it as further confirmation!

I thought that too ash88, and considered informing Winston of this obvious oversight and having him restart the game. But then I realised civfanatics only lets you send mail to five people at a time, so he had to choice but to split it.

And anyway, if the lists are mafia/townies, then I know I'm a townie... so you must be bluffing! :D

Hate to break your theory, Ash, but 5 mafia against 5 townies would be way too much.

Even if you got one of them lynched that day, they could decimate the townies within the first night.

I believe there is only one villain.

However, no matter how disappointed I am with Ash attempting to out me as a traitor, I cannot bring myself to accuse anyone.

Not that I trust any of you, just that if I do manage to turn the tides of popularity against a princess, only to discover her innocence later, it would give the impression I am simply trying to get rid of random people, making me a very unsuccessful witch-hunter at best, and villainous at worst.

So, I shall hold my vote until I see the way the tide is turning. The potential deaths of our countrymen shall not solely be on my hands.

Some clarifications:

1) Votes have to be made in the thread, not sent by PM. The Amazons had yet to invent the secret ballot.

2) Nothing should be read into the mass PMs sent at the start of the game. All ten players received them, and were divided into two groups (because of the 5 recipient maximum) based on the order they signed up.

3) The choice of mafia was completely random (as is the case in most mafia games).

Feel free to ask any further questions. :)

How would abstaining help in any way? Sure, most likely we avoid lynching an innocent townie assuming the ratio of townies:mafia is high, but we gain 0 information except by observing during the night who was a townie.

The way I see it the townies have 2 options for trying to win this game:
1) randomly lynch people and hope you hit the mafia more often than not and early enough
2) force everyone to vote and try to figure out suspects from votes

I agree, neither of them is guaranteed to win. In fact, early on, it is more likely a townie is going to die rather than a mafiosa. Still, there is some (mis)information to be collected from the votes and not having a lynching is simply going to give a free round for the mafia.

Vote: Landlubber

The nerve! How could she have such a nerve! Our beloved queen of very very short career had been murdered by cowards who could not do it publicly and .. she just stood there calmly! But that was not all. While not reacting to the murder was already bad enough, how could she even consider abstaining the most sacred of the Amazon traditions, the Holy Poll. Such blasphemy! The murder could wait, this had to be dealt with immediately. She must pay.

((Please vote other options too and make it so that the result is very narrow. Winston: what happens in cases of ties? No lynch? The way we can deduce mafia is to see which way they want to tip the scales when several options are presented. Oh and sorry landlubber, I had to pick someone and you gave such lovely RP reason.))

Would a mafiosa suggest abstaining? Surely at this stage it's better for them that we kill each other off (since that's much more likely to happen than us stumbling upon a mafiosa).

5 person limit on pms? Huh. You see, that is why I'm not a detective ;)

Because I want to see blood I have to agree with Tic0:

Vote: Landlubber

Úmarth;9193133 said:
Would a mafiosa suggest abstaining? Surely at this stage it's better for them that we kill each other off (since that's much more likely to happen than us stumbling upon a mafiosa).

As I already said, I see no gain whatsoever in idling. We get absolutely no behavioural information and are guaranteed to lose one person during the night. Net result: we will be back to having nothing to work on with one less person on the team. Sacrifices need to be made. Furthermore, if the theory is that our guessing powers get better with better townie/mafia ratio, then we are only accelerating the transition to our winning position. :crazyeye:

Besides, we get to perform the rite of Holy Poll. You are an amazon, remember?

As I already said, I see no gain whatsoever in idling...

I agree; I don't understand the benefit of waiting when we would be in the same position "tomorrow" (minus one townie).

Not having played this game before, and hearing that it gets "easier" as the game goes on, what types of things become apparent?

As i understand this Tic0 (as the first person to vote) is either a townie simply picking at random - or a mafia (whose vote wont inevitably count) hoping to direct the townies votes by showing initiative. The second option, that of Tic0 being mafia, seems to me to take some forethought and confidence in how the game works - so I have a question for Tic0: have you ever played this before?

First time ever. I expect to die rather soon either to an angry mob of townsfolk, the mafia or (perhaps most likely) to an angry mob of townsfolk usurped upon me by the mafia. Being active is bad. The townies will think anyone active is trying to mislead them and has to go. The mafia of course fear anyone trying to actively help the townies, so she has to go. On the other hand, perhaps they want to keep me alive in order to draw suspicion to me .. but that I said that, it would not work .. but then now that I said that, the situation is again reversed. Argh. I really cannot decide whether this game is a game of chance or diplomacy!

After the game you will find out the truth. For now, like everyone else, I can only assure I am on the side of the loyal princesses. ((How come we have elements of monarchy in a voting "democratic" society, anyway?))

Top Bottom