Succession Ballot 6 (Turn 90) Deadline: Saturday Sept. 18th 7:30pm UTC

ash88

Hail to the King Baby -DN
Official Succession Ballot Request

Nobles must cast a ballot before Saturday Sept. 18th 7:30pm UTC

Ballot 6 | Turn 90​
Please do not reply with "vote for me" or other campaigning. Anyone that does is unknowledgable in the ways of the nobility, and obviously not ordained to take the throne!​

Timeline
All team Merlot players may send 1 private message to the Administrator (that's me) in the next 48 hours (from the time of this post). Only your first ballot is considered; you cannot change your ballot.

Who can I support?
Any new candidates must solicit your support through private messages. The current King isn't restricted to private messages; he can campaign through the forums. Assume that you can cast a ballot for the current King even if there is no campaigning.

How do I choose a King?
Are you having fun? Are you involved at the level you want to be? Is there a plan for backup turn players? Are we using a strategy that leads to victory? Ask any questions to candidates through private messages and pick the candidate that best represents how you want the game played.

How do I Become King Then?
So you want to become King then? Oh, very nice. Convince the most people to cast their ballot for you and you will be crowned King! It is important that you use private messages to solicit support otherwise the current King will see your rabble rousing and silence you! Realistically you should gain your support well ahead of the 48 hour succession ballot - not in the 48 hours after the ballot is announced. This ballot occurs every 15 turns.

How do I cast my ballot?
Send the Administrator (thats me, Ash88) a private message within 48 hours from the time of this posting. You cannot change your ballot! If your ballot is unclear the Administrator cannot be held responsible for how he interprets it, or discounts it. In order to be clear it should say:

"I claim the throne." OR "I support <name> in his claim for the throne."

Why don't we just post campaigning in this thread?
A skilled forum warrior is not the same as a good King. Getting a flock of anonymous people to side with you by making them think everyone already is while throwing in a little humour is too easily done, but being a King is going to take some solid Civ4 and people skills. Pick a King that is going to win!

Why should I cast a ballot?
If you do not send your ballot then your support is not assumed. If the current King has your support you would do well to support him in the case that someone else has quietly gained a few ballots and would take the throne because of your inaction! This is also how we get a sense of who the active players are - so if you are not supporting anyone a quick PM to say you are lurking would be appreciated :)

Now... to the King! :king:

In my haste to bring forward the succession ballot to the good nobles of Merlot I realize that I misnumbered the Title/Subject. This is indeed the 6th of these ballots, not the 7th.

It's really an awful predicament, but the date seems to be mismatched. Surely, there's no place under the sun where the 18th could also be a Thursday.

It's really an awful predicament, but the date seems to be mismatched. Surely, there's no place under the sun where the 18th could also be a Thursday.

<sigh> You are correct. I blame it on my old age.

I am not aware of any way to change the initial post subject. If anyone knows of a way please pass that on. Otherwise the details in the post body are now correct.

In my haste to bring forward the succession ballot to the good nobles of Merlot I realize that I misnumbered the Title/Subject. This is indeed the 6th of these ballots, not the 7th.
Moderator Action: Changed the title -> enjoy.

Results​

Hercules90, Catapract887. Snaker8, Caledorn, and Aivoturso verbally supported our King Indiansmoke.

SunTzuWarrior purposefully withheld his opinion.

In keeping with his own personal tradition, mgsmuhammad boldly supported Fktor as King, even though Fktor had no such aspirations. Many common folk have begun to call him "mugs the mad".

Top Bottom