R.E.D. World War II development thread

Where is this oil mod version? .

http://www.mediafire.com/download/5987zw4dfirlcrd/MODS.zip

Here is the Oil mods from Gedemon, I made a few change to the files!

Files changed;
-RedDefineUnits.lua
-RedDefineProject.lua
-DefineClassTemplateUnits.sql
-DefineNewUnits.sql
-DefineEuro1940.lua

The Change are;

1-Boosted some British cities for units supply
2-Added more German units at start
3-Added more bulding for German AI to help them get oil reserve and material
4-Added 1 carrier for Britain and Germany
5-South Army Group for Germany appear in Romania in July 1941 for Greman AI
6-Added more units for minors country
7-Added Dutch Afrikan Korp at Bengazi for German AI in February 1941
8-Added naval plane for Britain in Mediterane
9-Britain can build F4F, F4U and F6F (Yes they have some, was easier to do that way ;))
10-Changed behavior of Mobile artillery (They didnt have preparation fire because they where treated as tank so I made them howitzer)

I may have forget some stuff...I didnt noted the change as I made it, it was for my fun only but I decided to share.

Last note-The only scenario working with this version of the mod in the Europe 1939 as in the original version from Gedemon.

This civ. 5 R.e.d ww2 is great! all my respect to all involved!

I like to see if we can add an essential extra element: seasons:

As with the Map editor it is easy to make Snow and Ice advance in steps.
Which is essential in the nordic and eastern front and makes a true and
realistic element in the game.

BUT I DIDN't SUCCEED so far to FIX the MAPS to BE RELOADED...

I want to connect the time frame and the maps....
so that it will load a more autumn type map
( approaching snow and more mud ( marshes )
up till deep winter... frozen lakes.... sea ice.

the problem is the game saves the initial loaded map,
so swapping maps in the folder doesn't have any effect.

IS THERE ANYONE WHO CAN HELP ME OUT?

( my first time on this forum , forgive If I post in the wrong corner...)

Besides I worked on the North America -Europe 1936 mp.
Great map but managed to fine tune city names, city positions and added USSR_Turkeys land border via Novorossisik , Sotsji, Batoemi.
And added kore essential towns. If this is wished to be shared, where shall I put it?

thanks for any clues.

Hello guys, sorry for being away this long, that was not expected.

I don't want to give you any false hope, as I don't have a lot of time for modding, but if I do find some, it's this mod who'll get the priority...

This civ. 5 R.e.d ww2 is great! all my respect to all involved!

I like to see if we can add an essential extra element: seasons:

As with the Map editor it is easy to make Snow and Ice advance in steps.
Which is essential in the nordic and eastern front and makes a true and
realistic element in the game.

BUT I DIDN't SUCCEED so far to FIX the MAPS to BE RELOADED...

I want to connect the time frame and the maps....
so that it will load a more autumn type map
( approaching snow and more mud ( marshes )
up till deep winter... frozen lakes.... sea ice.

the problem is the game saves the initial loaded map,
so swapping maps in the folder doesn't have any effect.

IS THERE ANYONE WHO CAN HELP ME OUT?

( my first time on this forum , forgive If I post in the wrong corner...)

Besides I worked on the North America -Europe 1936 mp.
Great map but managed to fine tune city names, city positions and added USSR_Turkeys land border via Novorossisik , Sotsji, Batoemi.
And added kore essential towns. If this is wished to be shared, where shall I put it?

thanks for any clues.

You'll have to edit the map ingame (with IGE for example) and save/reload to update the graphics.

A script for that was planned (especially for Stalingrad), but saving/reloading in game wouldn't work with this mod (that's why the loading button is unavailable once loaded), you'll have to save, quit the game and relaunch everything at each season. Not user friendly at all, and normal users have already too much trouble to just install the mod for this kind of feature to be implemented.

On the latest version on GitHub, several scenarios seem to be disable, how do I reenable them?

either in the project properties (content tab) before compiling (or in the "R.E.D. WWII Edition (v 39).modinfo" file after compiling) change the entry point type from CustomRED_ to CustomRED

With future release this way I'll enable by default only a few scenarios, but I'm very happy to see modmods and encourage everyone who want to mod to re-enable any scenario for testing/editing :D

I just don't want to make them accessible too easily by people that just want to play and may not be aware that they are not fully tested and relatively stable, but I forgot to document that here, sorry.

I won the map by conquering every city by moving a spitfire into it.

The 1939-1945 Europe will have a long awaited option to choose on the setup screen (2 options in fact) :D

Spoiler :

Link to video.
Maginot Line and Westwall (aka Siegfried Line)

Fortification are immobile units that can provide counter-fire and defensive first strike (but can't attack)

When you spawn one (using firetuner, IGE, OOB table or custom script), a fort is automatically added under the unit.

I'm quickly testing the build and will push the change on Github if there's nothing game breaking with the other small modifications.

What is your Github? Can you give a link?

It's already in the OP, but here it is: https://github.com/Gedemon/RED-WWII-Edition/

just updated

Code:
- add "Fortification" unit (not in build list, immobile, defense only, but can counter-fire and use defensive first strike)
- add "Maginot Line" and "Westwall" options to the 1939-1945 Europe map
- balance: raise Strasbourg defense for the AI on the 1939-1945 Europe map
- try a few fixes on the reinforcement route code to prevent unit disembarking/reembarking when near the landing spot without being able to reach it (add "MAX_LANDING_PLOT_DISTANCE", default = 5)
- modify the retreat mechanism:
   + can't retreat on enemy or neutral territory
   + can retreat on another unit of the same nation if the regiment/division rule is respected
   + can't retreat if no moves left
   + lose only one movement point on retreat
   + when attacking from sea, simply winning the combat will force the defending unit to retreat (no ratio check), but it's the attacking unit that will get extra damage (heavy offensive)
- add details for oil procurement in the top panel
- bug fix: typo for the A24 Cavalier project
- add "PERMANENT_WAR_DECLARATION" to scenario rules (default = true), when using alternate history any declaration of war is permanent (prevent your ally to ask for peace in your back)
- remove the "1942 earth" and "small 1940" scenario from the list, they can be reactivated by changing the content type from "CustomRED_" to "CustomRED" in the project or modinfo file
- fix some of the promotions text that where displaying wrong values
- balance: lower some promotions effect to prevent 2-3 shoots kills with tanks in open terrain
- balance: lower adjacent units bonus (because you can have 2 units per tile now)
- balance: buff tank destroyer ranged attack
- balance: Waffen SS use a bit more material for reinforcement
- bug fix: can use the loading screen from the custom menu again

Are you considering adding other materials? Like for example Bauxite or just give them a boost in material production?

Are you considering adding other materials? Like for example Bauxite or just give them a boost in material production?

Yes, see: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=511273

I've gone "global" for the implementation, and the code for oil can be ported to bauxite or/and iron.

Then we'll have oil restriction influencing units capacity, and bauxite restriction influencing production (including material)

But that's not short term, and I need the resources procurement for all playable nation (at least for Europe) before implementing it.

Small update
  • DLL : the value to estimate combat results (large/small victory/defeat) based on damages difference was hardcoded to 30, changed to 7 to reflect the mod's values
  • Clean function AreSameside(player1ID,player2ID). A part was hardcoded in the general files to do some things for the 39-45 Europe, now it's set in the scenario files.
  • Bug fix : correct distribution of units after Fall Of France event, added some optimizations, not sure if it's enough to fix the crashes some were experimenting.
  • Bug fix : do not escape from a city to go on neutral/hostile territory
  • Bug fix : only show the local player's procurement details on the resource tooltip of the top panel, even during other players turn.
  • Balance : Assault guns and Tank Destroyers should not get the blitz promotion from Germany trait.
  • Balance : Infantry tank defense bonus lowered to 20% (was 30)

The 1939-1945 Europe will have a long awaited option to choose on the setup screen (2 options in fact) :D

Spoiler :

Link to video.
Maginot Line and Westwall (aka Siegfried Line)

Fortification are immobile units that can provide counter-fire and defensive first strike (but can't attack)

When you spawn one (using firetuner, IGE, OOB table or custom script), a fort is automatically added under the unit.

I'm quickly testing the build and will push the change on Github if there's nothing game breaking with the other small modifications.
The Greeks will need an incomplete one - the Metaxas Line.

Are there people able to compile the version on gitHub and having "the fall of..." crash ?

edit:
if there are, here is an update on gitHub I'd like to be tested:

Code:
DLL : Max received damage = 15 HP
crash fix : use coroutine to handle the Fall of France event on the 1939-1945 Europe

I will test your crash Fix as I had the Fall of France crash. Hope it works!

Edit1: Nothing related with the crash but Light Infantry tanks still have 30% defence instead of 20%

Top Bottom