Why couldn't Civ IV have the fun nature of Civ Rev?

True. And if they water-down civ in coming editions, the hard-core fan base (which is most of us here, and whose numbers are not insignificant) will take our $ elsewhere, or complain lividly whenever we talk to a kindred soul, or both.

I dont think they will. each civ has been a progression of the last, and if anything, this civ is by FAR the most epic version. I think your anger is jumping the gun a little bit, since civ 5 hasnt been released yet.

CivRev was built for the console. Its good business for any company to make games for console because they dont have to worry about patches and updates or system requirements, or memory leaks or any of that stuff associated with PCs.

What I dont understand is why people get so angry that Firaxis made CivRev. Its not like they unmade Civ IV and didnt let anyone play it anymore...

@SenhorDaGuerra

You're right, I was jumping the gun there. And I don't honestly think Civ 5 will be a watered down version.

As for explaining why a lot of people are getting heated on this thread - often times in modern society things that we hold near and dear are changed and presented as improved, when in fact they are made worse. I could give thousands of examples if I had to, but I think we've all experienced this.

Top Bottom