Interest in a Feudalism Game?

With democracy-style team games, monarchy games and even an anarchy game, I began to think what other government styles we could have in a team game. The answer...feudalism of course. (I passed on a fascism or communism game.) Here's how it would work:

I (The King) would have control over our capital city, I would decide what to build and manage tiles, etc. Any units the capital builds would be controlled by me. I would be in charge of foreign affairs, economics, and generally running the kingdom. Each time I build or capture a new city, I would allocate control of that city to a different player (the Duke). They would have control over what that city produces and units they build would be controlled by them. They would send me orders on a regular basis (I would give them screenshots of their holdings) and I would play out a few turns. Other players wishing to participate would be "knights" who belong to one city and give advice. They could potentially be installed as lord in a city built or captured by their duke, as nobody can hold more than one fief.

There will be an economic system that allows cities (fiefs) to earn and spend their own money. There will also be methods to take over other fiefs from rival players, and even overthrow me as king! There will be more details later if this gets off the ground, for now I just want to see who's interested. Any takers?

-your (hopefully) future King:king:

Good, We'll probably get a forum going in the next few days, with detailed rules. I will aim to play every wednesday.

Good luck, Charlemagne. Running an anarchy game has been interesting, yet worth the time. I hope that it'll be worth your time too. I just wish that more people would post orders in the Anarchy Game. :mischief:

Hey CharlemagneXLII,

Just found this thread. Sounds like a plan. I would be more than happy to help get it going. If you need anything, let me know. :thumbsup:

So I was going to start playing on wednsday, but the computer had other plans. However, Sparthage has mentioned he has a map we could use, so I'll look at that first. Bowsling, who is my brother, has requested a forum to be set up for us, hopefully that will be in a few days. Bowsling will be assisting me throughout this endeavour. When we get that, I will post more detailed rules. I might start before that though, in which case I'll post the first screenshots here (you won't need detailed rules to start).

We'll start tomorrow, using Sparthage's first map, with starting locations changed. We'll play as France, in France. Feudalism's been modded so it has lots of unit support, no WW and communal corruption. Railroads are taken out.

Okay, here we go. Sparthage will be the duke of Orleans. I'll need a build queue for 10 turns, orders for any unit if you build any and labourer placement for 10 turns in Orleans, Sparthage. The warrior defending Orleans does not belong to you. Also, AI is on regent, but we will not be researching above 40%. Who would like to be the next duke?

Startup:
Spoiler :

Spoiler :

We meet the Iroquois, aka Rome:
Spoiler :

The founding of Sparthage's duchy:
Spoiler :

Our Kingdom, circa 2710 BC:
Spoiler :

We are wainting on a forum for this, but I will post detailed rules saturday.

Attachments

• start1.JPG
    start1.JPG
    207.4 KB · Views: 663
  • 2710BC.JPG
    2710BC.JPG
    155.7 KB · Views: 445
  • orleans1.JPG
    orleans1.JPG
    145.6 KB · Views: 417
  • start2.JPG
    start2.JPG
    54.2 KB · Views: 389
  • start3.JPG
    start3.JPG
    120.5 KB · Views: 427
Okay, I played again until we founded Lyons. Who would like to be duke of Lyons? I will have detailed rules posted soon. Sparthage, I need labourer placement and build orders again. Russia has 3 cities, Iroquois 1.

Our newest fiefdom, who wants it?
Spoiler :

Our Kingdom:
Spoiler :

Technology:
Spoiler :

Attachments

• 2370BC.JPG
    2370BC.JPG
    180.1 KB · Views: 376
  • lyons1.JPG
    lyons1.JPG
    145 KB · Views: 408
  • 2370BCtech.JPG
    2370BCtech.JPG
    169.4 KB · Views: 370
I'll take Lyons. As this is on Regent, please switch the Spear to a Warrior, and then a pre-build for temple. I'm going to want to work that other cow pasture as soon as possible. Once Lyons has that food source, we can supply you with Settlers and Workers.

You are researching CB next, no?

Yes CB in five turns. The reason its on regent is because I anticipate inter-city fighting and backstabbing and whatnot to occur- that's the whole point. Science is also capped at 40% because I want us to have lots of money to trade with each other.

I am putting up city threads, so you can put your orders there in the future.

We are researching IW in 18 turns. Russia has built 3 cities, the Iroquois 1 (I saw an Iro settler heading towards the balkans.) and the Hittites, in Scandinavia, have built 2. City placement suggestions welcome for our next city in the east. Who would like to be the next lord?

Germany and Poland:
Spoiler :

Our Kingdom:
Spoiler :

Attachments

• germpol1990BC.JPG
    germpol1990BC.JPG
    134.7 KB · Views: 388
  • 1990BC.JPG
    1990BC.JPG
    131 KB · Views: 429
Played a few turns to found Rheims, and learned IW from the Hittites. We need someone to be duke of the new city. We will soon go to war with the Iroquois for their audacious founding of Grand River in Carolingian lands.

Here is Rheims.
Spoiler :

Note the location of the iron, which is usable by all cities unless someone pulls the trick of pillaging our own lands.
Spoiler :

The King plans to burn Grand River and move it 1 NE, with the assistance of his loyal lords, once we have an actual fighting force.

Attachments

• rheims1.JPG
    rheims1.JPG
    166.3 KB · Views: 372
  • 1870BC.JPG
    1870BC.JPG
    185.7 KB · Views: 404
Just found this game, never actually looked at this forum before, :lol: but I will take Rheims, and Sparthage, the answer is YES! ;)

Can you rename Rheims "Awesomeville" :D

EDIT: Lords (Dukes) could have multiple fiefs in the real Middle Ages... :mischief:

Excellent, welcome aboard. I've changed things a little, you'll eventually be able to own more than one city, once we have enough people playing. Now, go forth and build your king an army. He'll bring you iron soon enough.

Top Bottom